Budget Yeti Hopper

Hockaday2017

Murdochs makes a cooler that is identical to a Yeti Hopper. The Murdochs version cost $100 per cooler VS. Yetis $350. I flew 50 lbs of elk to my in-laws in Texas last year in 1 cooler. After the 2 hour flight we landed in DFW threw the cooler in the bed of the truck, spent several hours in Fort Worth heat and then drove the 2 hours back to their house. Once we got to their house the cooler stayed outside overnight as they didn't have room in their freezer. The next day after we made room in the freezer every bit of that meat was still frozen solid. Im sold and will be buying a couple more of the coolers.

Last edited:
Murdochs makes a cooler that is identical to a Yeti Hopper. Murdochs cost $100 per cooler VS. Yetis $350. I flew 50 lbs of elk to my in-laws in Texas last year in 1 cooler. After the 2 hour flight we landed in DFW threw the cooler in the bed of the truck, spent several hours in Fort Worth heat and then drove the 2 hours back to their house. Once we got to their house the cooler stayed outside overnight as they didn't have room in their freezer. The next day after we made room in the freezer every bit of that meat was still frozen solid. Im sold and will be buying a couple more of the coolers.
Awesome, thank you for sharing. I have been considering a Yeti hopper but also looking for a budget alternative. I may very well have to buy one of these Murdochs.

Awesome, thank you for sharing. I have been considering a Yeti hopper but also looking for a budget alternative. I may very well have to buy one of these Murdochs.
My pleasure! I am all for saving money. Murdochs (to my knowledge) is more of a western states store, but you should be able to order online if you don't have one near you!

Thanks for posting. Have one on the way from Murdochs. I’ve wanted a hopper for quite a while but just couldn’t get over the price.

I used to work for Murdoch's up until this past Summer and the rumor from the home office was they had attorneys working closely with the manufacturer of their lineup that resembled Yeti because it was too close to their "technology" it wasn't necessarily the appearance Yeti was concerned with it was the performance. Really enjoyed my years with Murdoch's, it's a great company with ownership that actually cares about the employees.

You can get the RTIC brand 40 can ones for under 100 bucks at times also. I've had one for probably 5 years, and it still looks brand new. It's by far the cooler of mine that gets the most use. I like the shape of the RTIC one a little better.

You can get the RTIC brand 40 can ones for under 100 bucks at times also. I've had one for probably 5 years, and it still looks brand new. It's by far the cooler of mine that gets the most use. I like the shape of the RTIC one a little better.
I have one of the RTIC as well and really like it.

You guys that have these hoppers what is it you use them for over a regular soft side cooler.
Are they more handy due to the shape ?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back