Budget Binos

Jwill

I have a elderly father who likes to check out the birds at his feeder and his current binos are junk... So, looking for something that is going to get used at short distances - 10' to 50yds, relatively lightweight, and budget friendly, probably under $200. What say you all? @schmalts

The 8's would fit your bill. I own a pair (now my backup) and they're quality glass for the price.

Check out Sierra Trading outlet online. Bet there's some 8x28/30 Steiners that would work perfect,or another quality brand. Mine have gotten tons of use in the 20+ yrs I've had them.

I have a elderly father who likes to check out the birds at his feeder and his current binos are junk... So, looking for something that is going to get used at short distances - 10' to 50yds, relatively lightweight, and budget friendly, probably under $200. What say you all? @schmalts
let me see what I can dig up. You said "lightweight" meaning you want to stay smaller than a 40mm?

I have a pair of 8x32 Leupold BX-3 Mojave’s that I am selling if you are interested in those.

I would kinda like $225 for them though since they are in very nice shape.

Hey all - jumping on this thread to ask abou budget binos for archery elk season this year. In the past during rifle season we've always been hunting dark timber, occasionally I'd glass on a ridge with my scope but never wanted to carry the extra weight of a separate set of optics. Well, since I don't have a scope this year and I'm guessing the elk are going to be high and possibly more in the open that rifle season, it may behoove me to bring a pair of binos.

Any recs for a light pair (emphasizing light because we go full backpack hunt, no base camp, lots of mileage) that won't break the bank?

Hey all - jumping on this thread to ask abou budget binos for archery elk season this year. In the past during rifle season we've always been hunting dark timber, occasionally I'd glass on a ridge with my scope but never wanted to carry the extra weight of a separate set of optics. Well, since I don't have a scope this year and I'm guessing the elk are going to be high and possibly more in the open that rifle season, it may behoove me to bring a pair of binos.

Any recs for a light pair (emphasizing light because we go full backpack hunt, no base camp, lots of mileage) that won't break the bank?
I recently bought my 5 year old a pair of Vortex Diamondback HD compact binos. I got him the 8x32. I’m very impressed with them for the price. Very small and lightweight. Makes me want to get another pair for myself.

Back