Bucks fighting in your area?

Nut

This morning on the way home from work I noticed something in a field about 50 yards from the road. At 1st I thought it was more cattle. But as I got close by it became clear that it was deer.
It was actually 2 bucks fighting. I could not tell how big the racks were but they were mature deer for sure. It was a great way to sit on a state route for a minute or so.

Is anybdy else seeing or hearing any sparring matches in your area?

hey there Nut

I think flipper has seen a couple of bucks going at it at work this week but Ive not .

Nut, time to rattle.
maybe give it a try, i have not had much luck in past years with that method.....but have used doe bleats and scents with some sucsess.

I see bucks sparing as soon as the velvet comes off every year. I've probably seen bucks lock antlers about 4 or 5 times this fall. These are not serious fights like they have close to the rut. I think they are just pushing each other around and testing their strength.

I heard some fighting this past week before sun up. I think it was more sparring than anything, but they're getting close.

I have a couple pics of 2 realy nice bucks that were fighting, and unfortunatly they became stuck in each others racks. One of the bucks ended up with a broken neck, and the other one was dragging him around. I want to post the pics her, but I can't figure out how to do it.

12 rounds

lop2012mu.jpg

Watched a couple young bucks fighting...Nothing serious though, just testin each other out for the rut. Was out today looking around by my bowstand....A buck opened a fresh scrape line and found 2 rubs from this weekend...Starting to mark their territory....Some light rattling has worked for me during this time of year

I heard a little anlter clanking this past weekend. didnt see it though

Wow, those are great bucks. I saw two bucks sparring two days ago while I was going down the highway. They were quite a ways off, but I don't think they were very big, as they were with a couple of does. I didn't have time to stop. Nothing too serious going on yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back