Browning X-Bolt Stock Paint & Cerakote

Rapptor

Got inspired by several posts on here to up the cool factor on an X-Bolt that's been sitting in the safe for a couple years. Paid a local gunsmith to do the FDE Cerakote on the metal but did the stock myself with Rust Oleum textured paint and Krylon marbelizing spray. Here's a before and after on how it turned out. Got me even more excited to chase some mule deer this fall!

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_145306.jpg
    IMG_20200201_145306.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20200522_193124.jpg
    IMG_20200522_193124.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 112
Looks great! What model is that? Looks to be the composite stalker. If so, is that the stock with out the awful dura-touch coating? I cant find much info on their fix for the dura touch

Got inspired by several posts on here to up the cool factor on an X-Bolt that's been sitting in the safe for a couple years. Paid a local gunsmith to do the FDE Cerakote on the metal but did the stock myself with Rust Oleum textured paint and Krylon marbelizing spray. Here's a before and after on how it turned out. Got me even more excited to chase some mule deer this fall!
Looks great! What model is that? Looks to be the composite stalker. If so, is that the stock with out the awful dura-touch coating? I cant find much info on their fix for the dura touch
check for the recall. Not sure on the rifle, but I have a Winchester SX3 ( Browning) that was had Duratouch. Became sticky. They replace the stock for free. I just did mine a month ago. The shotgun is 8 or 9 years old.

I think it's a gray hunter or something like that. Not Duratouch. Basically the same as the composite stalker but with a cheap non-textured stock.

Outstanding!!!!

If I was a mule deer I'd druther meet my demise at the hands of a purty gun as opposed to an ugly one.

DccINvz.jpg

Back