Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Browning X Bolt or Winchester Featherweight?

ludville1

Have it narrowed down to a Browning X Bolt Medallion in the Man Bun, or a Winchester Featherweight in .308 Win. Both are short action standard calibers with a 22" barrel. The Browning is fancier with a high gloss stock and high polished bluing. Really like the looks of the Featherweight with the Schnabel fore end. Love my Super Grade, but have never had a Browning...hence part of the attraction of getting one. Pretty much a toss up on price...the two rifles are within $20 of each other. Oh, and either one would be more than capable for the deer hunting in Northern Michigan that I do.

Last edited:
I’m bias towards Browning, so I say the X-Bolt but it’s your money. .308 is a great cartridge, second only to the .30-06.

I don’t have experience with the Winchester but I do own a X-bolt HCS in .300wm and love the thing. Already planning to buy a second one as a base for a custom deer rifle.

I know the x-bolts get a lot of love but I was less than impressed with the hells canyon I bought and just got rid of. I’d definitely go feather weight!

I loved the way the gun felt and handled but it was super picky with ammo. I’m not a reloader but tried 6 different factory offerings. The only thing it would shoot consistently were 180’s and I didn’t need that extra recoil from an 06. I even pulled a scope off a rifle I knew shot well to make sure it wasn’t just me. I think Browning makes some good stuff, just had a bad experience

Really appreciate all of the responses. Tough decision, I believe that they are both great guns, no wrong choice here. Will sleep on it, and likely order one of them tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back