Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Browning A5 or Maxus

Started getting into duck hunting the last couple of years and looking to get a shotgun upgrade. I've narrowed down my choices to either the new Browning A5 or Maxus. Was wondering if any had shot both and what they think is the better gun. Will be using it mainly for duck hunting but will also see some dove and upland hunting as well.

It would be a Maxus for me. I know its updated but I believe its till the same integral parts as a Winchester SX series. I have a Winchester SX3 and its shooting machine. No matter what I put in it 2/34, 3 or 3 1/2 its cycles flawlessly and is fast. It was as the fasted in the world back when I bought it. I prefer the more modern look of the Maxus too.

I could be wrong but I believe I am correct.

It would be a Maxus for me. I know its updated but I believe its till the same integral parts as a Winchester SX series. I have a Winchester SX3 and its shooting machine. No matter what I put in it 2/34, 3 or 3 1/2 its cycles flawlessly and is fast. It was as the fasted in the world back when I bought it. I prefer the more modern look of the Maxus too.

I could be wrong but I believe I am correct.
What he said!

My Dad loves his Maxus

I know Browning had some issues with both of these guns. My son has a Maxus and it has issues firing after 100 rounds. My friend sent his back to Browning, they would not disclose what the issue was.

I liked the maxus seemed like nice gun, when researching heard of few "issues" so decided to look at everything. When i swung a Benelli SBE3 it went home with me and is without a doubt favorite shotgun. Good luck with the purchase

Big fan of the A5, such a great shotgun, and in my opinion, John Browning would be proud of the new one!

I've shot both, I like the maxus ice the new A5. I think you need to figure out which one feels better for you. Either way it's a solid choice, if i couldnt get a benelli anymore I'd go maxus.

I know Browning had some issues with both of these guns. My son has a Maxus and it has issues firing after 100 rounds. My friend sent his back to Browning, they would not disclose what the issue was.

Did sending it in fix the issue. The gun dealer I use has had one since they came out and he said he just started having issues. Thanks for the info.

I liked the maxus seemed like nice gun, when researching heard of few "issues" so decided to look at everything. When i swung a Benelli SBE3 it went home with me and is without a doubt favorite shotgun. Good luck with the purchase

Have also been looking at the sbe3. Leaning towards Browning since it'll go with the rest of the collection. lol

Thank you to everyone for the info. Will take a trip to Scheels to handle the 2 Brownings and the SBE3 then have one of the local dealers order me one for me.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back