Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Browning A-Bolt or X-Bolt

Rooster52

What is your input on these two models.At first sight I did not like the new Browning Xbolt but I guess I am getting more used to them and thinking of buying a new Xbolt lefthand in 300WSM.

I have an a-bolt medallion in 300 wm and love it. I also just bought a Howa Hogue in 06 and am very impressed with it. The Howa is a smaller and easier rifle to carry. I am sure some will agree and some will argue.

8 years ago my dad got a Browning A-Bolt in 300 Win Mag and I got a Tikka T3 in 300 Winn Mag.

Astatically the browning is much nicer. They both shot very similar. The Browning is a longer heavier gun. I would much prefer to carry my Tikka around over the Browning.

I have an A-Bolt, but if I was buying today and they were the same price I would buy the X-Bolt. Not sure how much of a premium I would be willing to pay though.

I bought the X-Bolt in 300 win mag a few months ago. It's been a great shooting rifle with the Leupold CDS combination.

X-Bolt

I have the X-Bolt in .270, and I liked that it was lighter than many of the other rifles I was considering. I do like the detachable magazine and the unloading with safety on feature, and the trigger is smooth, light, with no take up. It shoots great, 1/4" groups at a 100yrds. Mine is the stainless composite with a Leupold VX-3, in Talley mounts. Ultimately I just kept handling everything I could get my hands on, until I found something that felt like an extension of my body. I was not set on Browning over other brands, I just wanted that perfect fit. Best of luck in your search.

I have two, one older and the newer model is an extreme weather ss 7mm !

I have the X-Bolt stainless in 30-06, it is lightweight, and 'points' really well if you know what i mean.
The only thing i didn't like was the heavy trigger, but it is very easy to adjust.
So no complaints here.
Cheers
Richard

Well I did it. Bought the browning Abolt Stalker in 300WSM.It is right handed bolt and I am a lefty but have shot several right hand bolts over the years.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back