Broke down today

I have that rifle in that cartridge. Best shooting gun I own. Try the Hornady Superperformance Varmint ammo with the 50gr Vmax. Mine shoots it at 3880fps. Haven’t shot coyotes with it yet, but have pierced the ears of several groundhogs.

Well I broke down and bought a new rifle today. Picked up a Tikka T3x in 22-250. Had a few extra $$$ to throw around and didn’t have a Tikka or the caliber. Dang, now I’ve got to get a scope for it 😄. Lookout varmits
What twist did you get?

Any factory ammo recommendations for the 1:8 twist with a 22” barrel ?

The 1:8 really opens up opportunities if you handload. Unfortunately, I’m not really aware of factory 22-250 ammo that’s heavier than like a 60 grainer.

That being said, a 55 gr Vmax or Btip is tough to beat!

No need to set it back. Guys are buying those and just reaming for 22 creed

@p_ham would know better than I but without looking at case dimensions I believe you have to set back to chamber 22-250 to creed to clean up the chamber as the 22-250 shoulder is farther forward than the creed case

Not really looking to spend a bunch of $$$ for something I’m just going to shoot rock chucks with and a few coyotes.
A 223 would’ve been a better choice, especially, if cost was a concern. I love my Tikka 223.

@p_ham would know better than I but without looking at case dimensions I believe you have to set back to chamber 22-250 to creed to clean up the chamber as the 22-250 shoulder is farther forward than the creed case
22-250 shoulder is 1.515, 22cm shoulder is 1.49.
While the difference is only .025, it's better to set back .06 or so (1 turn on a tikka), so you can true up any runout in the factory chamber.

Not as simple as just running a reamer in there.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back