Broadheads

bowpony

I currently use 2 blades,modoc 100 grain,and bear superrazorheads at 145 grain.Im interested in what everybody else is using.Here in Idaho we cant use mechanicals which seem to be the in thing these days.Are the mechanicals reliable?

Welcome Bowpony. I use 125 grain Bear Razorheads. I ve tried others but they are what I like.

Glad you found us here. Enjoy Moosies board.

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

I am still using the thunderhead 100's. Friends of mine are using the steelheads and swear by them. The big advantage with them is that they fly just like your field tips. No special tuning involved as with the fixed blades. As stated though, mechanicals can not be used in Idaho and that's where I like to hunt.

Im a muzzy fan myself ,three blade 100gr! and three blade 125 gr.

tried older mech. and im gonna experiment with spitfires this year!!! they seem to be the most popular and seem well constructed!!!!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Pucketts Bloodtrailers 100 grain. Killed every deer shot with these and they fly just the same as a field tip!

Muzzy 3 Blade 100's for me. Thinking about trying some mechanicals out on turkey just to see them work. As I understand the regs here in Idaho, you just can't use the mech's on big game.
I've heard a bunch ( pros and cons) but have yet to see one fly.

------------------
Get Close & Shoot Straight

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back