Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Broadhead Insight

mlbuck84

I just started bowhunting in 2010. I bought an older Matthews Solocam set at 63lbs. I'm using Muzzy's 100gr 225's and they worked great for me on my "1" elk. I"m looking for feedback on pros/cons of the Muzzy's and some insight on other great broadheads out there; in your opinion.

I've shot muzzy's for years. They have been around along time and haven't changed their design by much either. I feel that says a lot about their efficacy. Lots of other broadheads and opinions out there.

If the muzzys are working stay with them. The one down side in my opinion is the blade thickness on them. If you want to try some others there are many to choose from and the fixed blades have came a long way it terms of performance with the bows of today.

I've watched my father drop bulls like a bad habit with Muzzy MX3 100gr. I think i'll stick with them. The blade is 0.025 & 1 1/4 compared to Montec Stryker's 0.030 & 1 1/8. And $10 cheaper. Each to their own i guess. I just wanted to see what others were using.

@ A-con. thanks for that thread. Alot of good information

I shot muzzys for years. I've been shooting shuttle t-locks for the past 4 seasons or so. I'll never go back, the shuttles fly so true it's amazing.

I shot muzzys up until 2 seasons ago, i switched to slick tricks and i will never go to anything else they fly true and are easy to tune.

I feel they all will do a real good job. If you nailed one, nail antoher brother! (Arrow and broasdhead weight I think are more important then brand anymore?)

I too shot an elk with a Muzzy. It did a great job. Just the old standard 3 blade 100gr. They do not fly as well out of my rig as some of the other heads I have tried as of late. I have some Razortricks that shoot well but it seems my 100gr VPA's with the solid blades shoot best. They are holding very tight groups and have performed well plus I can just resharpen them and put them right back in the quiver. I have one head that has been shot 100's of times into targets and a few times at game. It performed fantastic and is right back in my quiver and is razor sharp. I would not hesitate to use most of the heads out there are they are all pretty good. I just kept trying different ones every year until I found "the one" Having said that I will probably also try that Ulmer head this year.

I shot the standard 3 blades and while they didn't group well for me I would give the mx-3's a try if I were looking for an alternative to my Wac'ems . I like the idea of a short blade.

I'm a VPA fan too as I love the strength and durability of solid machined steel, but Muzzys have come a long way with their MX series. If I wanted a replaceable blade head, I would hesitate to give those a whirl. Especially the steel ferrule 125.

I shot Muzzy 100gr 4-blades for years, switched to SlickTrick standards this year... I'll be going back the Muzzy 100gr. 4-blades for this season... Best price to performance ratio out there IMHO...

Muzzy was all I shot with my old bow. The bow I shoot now doesn't seem to like them. I swithched to the shuttle T locks 3 years ago and love them. The accuracy and penetration is awesome.

The Wack I got with the Mx3 100gr when it hit, sounded like a softball being thrown at the side of a barn. I was impressed. double lunged, clear pass at about 40 yards

Muzzy heads are quality heads! We've taken quite a few elk with them, they're tough as any fixed bladed head on the market today! Just make sure you do not hunt with the heads you target practice with. Always make sure you use new heads or replace all blades so they're razor sharp in your quiver!

For COC (cut on contact) heads SnufferSS is a very tough head but you do need to hand sharpen them before hunting! For some it's a pain but others like myself love knowing their heads are all hand sharpened & scary sharp! Use what works best for you!

ElkNut1

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back