Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Brewing Beer

Just bottled my first batch a couple weeks ago, can’t wait to try it.

I used to brew all the time. Typically had 2 kegs of homebrew on tap in the fridge.

Then I had kids 😁

I’ll take the trade of home made beer for kids but I do miss some of the specialty beers I came up with.

I used to brew all the time. Typically had 2 kegs of homebrew on tap in the fridge.

Then I had kids 😁

I’ll take the trade of home made beer for kids but I do miss some of the specialty beers I came up with.
Samesies - although on top of a newborn, my homebrew partner that had the really slick system went on to bigger and better things and sold all his gear.

Last beer we made was a completely accidental, but wonderful, New England IPA like 12 years ago. Probably should have packaged the screw-up and become beer geek kings but alas we just had a party and drank the whole 'mistake' batch.

Haven't brewed in years. The last batch I made cost me a lot more than I planned after it didn't pan out. It was because of the temp swings in my house...I have the thermostat change temps based on whether I'm home or not. At the time I didn't want to invest in a temp controller but now that a 6'r of fancy beer is $10+ I'm considering investing in the hobby again. If I can make a decent/consistent Hipster IPA or porter, I'd be happy.

I have about 20 bottles of the Kolsch I brewed in the spring. I was drinking it at a fair clip but then I managed to stock up on a bunch of New Glarus beer and that distracted me from the home brew drinking.

I'll definitely brew some more in the spring.

Haven't for a few years. I found that the kind of beers I wanted to brew required enough equipment that it wasn't simple any more and I only had room for a simple hobby. Also, the selection of world-class beer that exists in my area now is just absurd and I never figured out how to brew stuff that was as good. I do really miss the brew-day process though. I love sticking my nose over the wort while I drop those hops in!

Haven't brewed in years. The last batch I made cost me a lot more than I planned after it didn't pan out. It was because of the temp swings in my house...I have the thermostat change temps based on whether I'm home or not. At the time I didn't want to invest in a temp controller but now that a 6'r of fancy beer is $10+ I'm considering investing in the hobby again. If I can make a decent/consistent Hipster IPA or porter, I'd be happy.
I was getting consistent results on the 3 IPAs I brewed and all of which if served in a bar I would have ordered again.

Haven't for a few years. I found that the kind of beers I wanted to brew required enough equipment that it wasn't simple any more and I only had room for a simple hobby. Also, the selection of world-class beer that exists in my area now is just absurd and I never figured out how to brew stuff that was as good. I do really miss the brew-day process though. I love sticking my nose over the wort while I drop those hops in!
I know what you mean, I only have space to brew small amounts (8 pints at a time). However, the upside is if you brew a bad batch you dont have a lot of waste.

There was a time when I had 4 carboys full in various stages of fermentation and was racing to finish the keg to fill it back up. 😁😁

I will say, this thread has me looking at recipes online again....

Dont homebrew anymore, but I do it professionally! Much more consistent results...

Completely honestly, I don't currently brew very much at my job, but work on new product development, which is slow due to Covid. But I still get to take beer home every week!

I used to brew quite a bit until I realized I'm not the kind of person that needs 5 gallons of beer in the house at one time. Thinking of doing another imperial stout since I like to age those.

Been homebrewing since 2007 or so. Took it pretty serious for a long time, brewing 3 or 4 times per month, entering local and national competitions, getting BJCP certified, organized a homebrew club, etc. Tossed around ideas of opening my own brewery but decided I like my free time to do other things just as much. Collaborating with breweries on a beer has been the most rewarding part.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back