Brand new member from Norway

Welcome!! Just out of curiosity, how hard is it to get a silencer? Long wait time?
No wait at all, no aplication or register at all for a silencer over here. Simply buy one and thead it on the barrel. Guns on the other hand need both, and takes 2-8weeks to aprove. Depending on the current workload at the licencing office..

Wow, that is about the opposite from here! I've heard it takes a year to get approved for a silencer, but if everything checks out you can walk out the door with your firearm.

Welcome!! Love seeing hunting pics from the other side of the Atlantic! Thanks for sharing. The bird, especially the capercailie, and seal pic have my attention.

You've been listening to my answers when people ask, "What's next on your bucket list after Mountain Caribou?" Capercaillie, for sure.

Sounds like a yes to me.

giphy.gif

Welcome!! Love seeing hunting pics from the other side of the Atlantic! Thanks for sharing. The bird, especially the capercailie, and seal pic have my attention.
I guess sealhunting may be fround upon in most parts of the world, but has always been a thing over here. We take something like 300 seals every year countrywide, and considering our long coastline that isnt alot. As our fisheries are a big part of the economi, sealpopulations need to be managed as everything else. It is also great fun, extremly difficult and great food!20190810_160349.jpg

20190810_153459.jpg
Signs of a good hit, headshots is the way to go and mostly seals are shot in the water. They sink 3 out of 10 times so knowing the waters and taking them in the shallows may be a good idea.
20190810_162400.jpg20190810_175812.jpg
Skinning a seal is a chore for sure, but well worth the effort!20190803_150635.jpg
And just look at those steaks..

Skol! My dad and sister and I visited the Lofoton Islands in 2015 and we amazed! I would love to get back. Our family emigrated from near Roros in 1850. Norway is a great country that can teach the rest of us a lot. Welcome to Hunt Talk.

I guess sealhunting may be fround upon in most parts of the world, but has always been a thing over here. We take something like 300 seals every year countrywide, and considering our long coastline that isnt alot. As our fisheries are a big part of the economi, sealpopulations need to be managed as everything else. It is also great fun, extremly difficult and great food!View attachment 132996

View attachment 132997
Signs of a good hit, headshots is the way to go and mostly seals are shot in the water. They sink 3 out of 10 times so knowing the waters and taking them in the shallows may be a good idea.
View attachment 133000View attachment 133001
Skinning a seal is a chore for sure, but well worth the effort!View attachment 133002
And just look at those steaks..
That’s awesome makes me want to shoot a seal

What's the seal meat like to eat??
Well.. it tastes like seal🤣 sorry, but i dont know how to describe it. It is nothing like venison, pretty coarse id say with big fibres. One thing to remember is to clean the meat fast and i always try to keep the blubber from the meat as best i can, the blubber taste like fish, wery much so.. old fish😂 the meat has a mild taste to it actually and is really tender. after all, it is backstraps! Dont know if you know how a seal is to eat after this, but i tried😎

Well.. it tastes like seal🤣 sorry, but i dont know how to describe it. It is nothing like venison, pretty coarse id say with big fibres. One thing to remember is to clean the meat fast and i always try to keep the blubber from the meat as best i can, the blubber taste like fish, wery much so.. old fish😂 the meat has a mild taste to it actually and is really tender. after all, it is backstraps! Dont know if you know how a seal is to eat after this, but i tried😎

That's a pretty good description, thanks (y)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back