Boy did I step in a deep pit????

JASON LEE

I Found a guy today that lives close to me that is a big time hole punching paper shooter and elk killer extrodinar...(Those are pretty rare in Indiana).

Any way I convinced him to take me to the reloading shop and help me buy everything I needed to re-load.

After spending 1 1/2 hours there and more money than I care to tell you all I have everything I need...(other that some 7mm dies).

I bought two books the hodgdon 27 and the speer.

Already read the hodgdon and starting on the speer later.

The guy is coming over next week and is going to walk me thru the process of re-loading. I have to get a bench made and my garage cleaned first:D

I would like to thank everyone that helped me on the questions that I asked on the other thread!

Only draw back that I see is that this is going to take up some of my pc time:D:D:D

later
Jason

Well Jason, I'm sure you're just getting started. Pretty soon you'll be buying an old referigerator to put in the garage and use as a powder safe. Then you'll be designing and printing your own targets, then you'll get bit by the real wildcat bug and you'll be looking at stuff called a 7mm EARGASCHPLITTEN LOUDENBOOMER and wondering where you're going to get an action to build one. I give it about three years and you'll be wrecked for the rest of your life.

I mean look at Murph......

:cool:

JasonLee ,are you looking to get some 7mm dies?
I think Steve has some here that he doesnt use.
I could get you a good deal,Im sure he would never even know there missing ;)

Anaconda I got the RCBs rock chuck master reloadng kit.

I didnt think I would reload enough to get a dillion!

Thanks for the link del, I am going to order one of there cd-roms to use with the loader.

Mdfm...Thanks for the offer, but del already said he had a few extra sets and he could send me one...What other calibers does steve have:D

If/when you get back towards So. IN the rifle range in Pike Co. has been cleaned up a bit and goes out to 200yds.

Ok DanR, beat up on an ole man who just now at this late stage in his life has saved enough pennies to guy a used up action and buy a internet barrel,and pay the big price for special dies. I know I kissed the pooch when I followed WD into the wildcat zone. I should have stayed in the buy me a factory rifle and buy the cheap 23 dollar dies. Now One Pointer has more reloading stuff than I do. I need a loan. Or hey DanR, need another dependant? I can come around and drink your beer,eat your food and I will let you claim me on your income tax? Oh I will hunt with you also, so you can feel like you are helping a young hunter get a good start in life!
DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Mike Murphy

You're welcome anytime Murph. You can eat my food, drink my beer, hunt with me, mow the lawns, take out the trash, sweep the pool, clean the jacuzzi, rake leaves, wash windows, clean toilets, and walk the dog just like the last dependent KID I had living here. I'll claim you on taxes and give you a $5.00 a week allowance. ;)

I'm just glad we've still got you to kick around..... :cool:

Jason, I know it looks like a ball of confusion right now, but after a few lessons, and a few small groups with loads that YOU made all by yourself, it will prove to be all worth it. Just remeber that young danr and a lot of others are willing to help ya out.

MLM & Danr, I just shudder to think of the two of you living under the same roof. Lock up the women & children, and put the sheep in the barn and lock it too. Pool.. jacuzzi..., HHmmmm. You two with those types of frivilous luxuries is a scary thought. Ya'll might need me to chaperone ya (no charge of course).
WD

Hey Murph, there he goes offerin' to do something for nothing again.. Look out for the hook......

:cool:

Danr, remind me not to go duck hunting with you. I think you'd stand up in the blind, point to the sky and yell HERE THEY COME!!! ;) WD

Isn't that how it's done??

Maybe that's why no one takes me duck hunting anymore.?? :confused: :cool:

I like the Nosler book best for load info. The powder they recommend as "most Accurate" for each bullet weight is usually the one that turns out to be best for me. I always use Partitions for hunting, but I've been lucky to have always been able to get them to shoot groups under one inch in my guns. They're sure not the most accurate bullets, but they do great on game. If you can get them to shoot groups one inch or less I'd go with them.

Here's a good site with a good message board:
http://www.xtremeaccuracy.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back