Bowtech Carbon Icon

Wapiti Warrior

My son is looking at buying a Bowtech Carbon Icon. And I am looking to see if anyone can give us some pros and/or cons on it? He has shot several bows and this one he likes and it is in his price range.
Thank you,
John

I am new to archery so my expertise is limited, but I Purchased an Icon in April and love it. At the range I often hear comments about how quiet the bow is. I did shot many different makes and models and the icon was the smoothest and quietest for the money. I actually preferred the Icon to the multiple $1000 bows I shot. FYI, Bowtech produces a binary cam carbon bow for Cabela's under the Diamond brand. This bow shot similar to the Icon and may be a way to save a another $100 or so.

I have a Carbon Icon and I really love its weight, stability and silence. I tried many Hoyt and Mathews bows before I settled on it. It fit my body very well.

I had one and sold it because I needed to pay the mortgage. It was a sweet shooting bow, and smoother than my Carbon Overdrive. I shot the Overdrive slightly better than the Icon, so that is what I kept. Your son will not be disappointed with that bow, and it is in a good price range. Is he going with the RAK package, or is he upgrading? It is probably worth it to put a drop-away rest on it if he is going with the RAK accessories, but the hostage rest will do to start. I think you would have to search pretty hard to find a "bad" bow, so if it fits and he enjoys shooting it buy it.

Back