Bows - Let's See Them Setups

Nice setup (bow and hanger)! You've inspired me to build one for my Hoyt as well!

If I may offer a thought... It'd be cool if you took that Hoyt keychain or a hoyt plaque of some sort and embedded it in the wood right above the bow. Awesome setup none the less and like I said, you've inspired me to build my own.

Thanks!
Reef
Thanks man! It was a quick and easy weekend project. Great idea on the keychain! That would look awesome.
I thought about getting plaques or engravings on the wood for every animal I harvest with the bow. Decided it would be easier to print pictures and write a little story about each one. Will end up being a cool coffee table book!

Thanks man! It was a quick and easy weekend project. Great idea on the keychain! That would look awesome.
I thought about getting plaques or engravings on the wood for every animal I harvest with the bow. Decided it would be easier to print pictures and write a little story about each one. Will end up being a cool coffee table book!
Not trying to steal all your ideas... but I may steal all your ideas! Lol. Seriously though, we are about 2 months out from moving in to our new home build and I am planning out my man cave (since I'm now workin from home going forward, it's really just an extra room that I've staked out as my man cave haha). I love the coffee table book idea too!
Reef keep us updated if you make any more changes like engraving, etc..
Reef

Scheels October Mountain recurve 50lbs.

29.5 inch GT Traditional 400 with 50 grain inserts and 100 grain points. I will shoot this with 100 gr 4 blade muzzy broadheads.

This is my best group so far at 20 yards. I have been shooting every day.

No sights all instinctive.

Only 63 days until my deer opener!

Attachments

• 20210608_084155.jpg
    20210608_084155.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
Scheels October Mountain recurve 50lbs.

29.5 inch GT Traditional 400 with 50 grain inserts and 100 grain points. I will shoot this with 100 gr 4 blade muzzy broadheads.

This is my best group so far at 20 yards. I have been shooting every day.

No sights all instinctive.

Only 63 days until my deer opener!
From a recurve shooter to another, looks good ! Best of luck on your opener.

I’ve got a bunch of custom bows, this one is not but is special so if you don’t mind I’ll post it up with a story.
This winter I was working at my cousin Bucky’s house. I wouldn’t accept anything but lunch.
Bucky’s dad did all sorts of stuff with me. From roping, riding, hunting, reloading, shooting, etc etc etc I was at his house a few nights a week for years.
His dad passed last year. As I was leaving Bucky asked me to wait where I was. He came back with an old Bear. His dads bow. He said he can’t pull it back would I take it and kill a deer with it?
I gladly took the bow. Went home, made a string for it and this is one of the first shots with it. He had it sprayed black. I’m leaving it just how he left it save a new string and shelf rest.
Can’t wait to hunt it

Attachments

• 6C0DDEC1-6D29-421A-AC79-9B256140FF6F.jpeg
    6C0DDEC1-6D29-421A-AC79-9B256140FF6F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
Would love to learn recurve one day!
Recurve is no magic. There’s just steps and shooting gap is the same as gapping a pin, just the degree varies. Ways to shorten that like crawling or target shooters string walk. Split vision is another and imo the best aim method. If you need help or want an explanation just ask.

Not a great photo so here is what you’re looking at.

Mathews V3
ATA 31”
Draw length: 30”
Draw length: B
Pounds: 67 max 55 min
Speed: 257 shooting a 575 grain arrow @67lbs
Brace: 5⅞”

ARROWS
Victory VAP Elite 250 shafts
Victory VAP 95 grain inserts
Kudu 150 grain single bevel fixed blade
Nocturnal Nocks Green
AAE Max Stealth vanes pink 2.5”
Weight 575
FOC 17.2
Arrow shaft CTC 29.625

Hamskea Trinity Hunter Rest
Spot Hogg Fast Eddy 5 pin sight
Spot Hogg Wise Guy release

Attachments

• ACECCE31-182E-4577-A43C-49C5EF8ADE2F.jpeg
    ACECCE31-182E-4577-A43C-49C5EF8ADE2F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Got the Hoyt Ventum 33 this year. Had zero intentions of buying a new bow that day....... but I made the mistake and so did my buddy who was with me. They were back ordered for 2 months so made it hurt a little less. After one shot I knew I had to have it.
Hard to explain endless u shoot one. I shot all the other flagship bows besides Matthew’s and I liked the soulution by bow tech but in the comfort mod I didn’t get the speed I was looking for. I felt the need also for something more comfortable to shoot siting down or holding back for a long time. My other bow is a Hoyt Carbon Defiant Turbo. It’s a great bow for spot and stalk but it’s a project to draw. Anyway here’s the specs haven’t got to fling at any live targets yet hopefully soon.

29in draw
72lbs
80% letoff
270 FPS
520gr complete arrow
29in Easton fmj 5mm 250 spine 11.5gpi (250 spine has a lighter gpi than the 300)
25gr Easton half outsert
X nock Nocturnal
125gr muzzy 3 blade or a 125gr grim reaper whitetail special out of a stand
Tight spot quiver
Black Gold Verdict 5pin slider
Trufire hook release

Attachments

• 74814202-BB8D-480C-BCF2-A8FD1958B354.jpeg
    74814202-BB8D-480C-BCF2-A8FD1958B354.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Got the Hoyt Ventum 33 this year. Had zero intentions of buying a new bow that day....... but I made the mistake and so did my buddy who was with me. They were back ordered for 2 months so made it hurt a little less. After one shot I knew I had to have it.
Hard to explain endless u shoot one. I shot all the other flagship bows besides Matthew’s and I liked the soulution by bow tech but in the comfort mod I didn’t get the speed I was looking for. I felt the need also for something more comfortable to shoot siting down or holding back for a long time. My other bow is a Hoyt Carbon Defiant Turbo. It’s a great bow for spot and stalk but it’s a project to draw. Anyway here’s the specs haven’t got to fling at any live targets yet hopefully soon.

29in draw
72lbs
80% letoff
270 FPS
520gr complete arrow
29in Easton fmj 5mm 250 spine 11.5gpi (250 spine has a lighter gpi than the 300)
25gr Easton half outsert
X nock Nocturnal
125gr muzzy 3 blade or a 125gr grim reaper whitetail special out of a stand
Tight spot quiver
Black Gold Verdict 5pin slider
Trufire hook release
Nice bow congratulations

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member