BOW on a moose...

Moosie

Grand poopa
Anyone ever take a moose with a bow ? Either AK or the Lower 48. I've taken one and it went 25-30 yards and KEELED over .... Just wondering anyone elses experience ?!?!?

I killed one a few years ago with my bow. It was the middle of December, 10 below and blowin' when I shot him. My arrow hit ribs going in and out, but only the feathers were showing, and the arrow was sticking out the other side. When he got hit he took off at a dead run, the first and only time I've ever seen that happen. He made it about 50 yards, but he died like standing up in the waste-deep snow. A liitle Alaska winter fun.
smile.gif

Lemme know when you and your dad are coming through Anchorage so we can get together for a beer or three.

Thanx for the Story bro !!! I thought the Season wass Short there, was that a draw or is it only short for the NON-RES ?

YOU bet~ya on the BEER !! I'm gonig to make a formal Anouncement to ANYONE in the Area that wants a free beer the day we fly in. I actually get there around 11:45 AM Friday the 5th morning.. DAD doesn't arive till 2:30PM a few hours later, Interested in lunch ? I'm guessning you'll be working, But if not, We can Chat over lunch.

I'm swiftly driving out after DAD gets there, then we're overnghting it back in Soldatna after our orientation.. THEN we're flying early Sat morning.. WE won't come out the bush till 16 days later
eek.gif
eek.gif
I'm barely been in Bush 16 minutes, let alone 16 DAYS !! HEHEHE...

Thanx for the story again, Do you have any PICS ? I'd love to see them !! THANX !!

The hunt I was on was a draw on Fort Richardson here in Anchorage. The pictures I took turned out crappy. I think the film was frozen or something.

What was that noise???

Oh yeah, it was the sound of a thousand Alaskan moose, breathing a collective sigh of relief..

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

LOL Alasken
biggrin.gif

Nope, never got a moose with a bow, never even benn drawn for a moose yet.
frown.gif
My day will come though, sooner or later it will come.
smile.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back