PEAX Equipment

Boom sticks are cool...but show off your bow!

Alright, let's get a little love out here for the lefties in the group. Hoyt torrex xt. Got it late 2021 and love it so far. Just built some new arrows and have been playing around with them for a few days now.

20230517_213913.jpg

Awesome!!! I started out w the old 6wheel Bear Whitetail Hunter
My first compound was a Bear Polar LTD. I upgraded a couple of years later to a Jennings Arrowstar which was THE bow at the time.

The Arrowstar:
IMG_9132.jpeg

BTW - I was pretty proud of this buck as I shot him while still hunting during rifle season. He was my first bow kill and I watched him drop before he ran out of sight. I would be leary of going out in full camo nowadays but back then, I rarely bumped into anyone else.

My first compound was a Bear Polar LTD. I upgraded a couple of years later to a Jennings Arrowstar which was THE bow at the time.

The Arrowstar:
View attachment 276281

BTW - I was pretty proud of this buck as I shot him while still hunting during rifle season. He was my first bow kill and I watched him drop before he ran out of sight. I would be leary of going out in full camo nowadays but back then, I rarely bumped into anyone else.
Ahhhhh the good old days.

Hoyt RX1 Turbo. I keep looking at newer bows, but this thing weighs just 3.9 lbs bare. The 32 1/4 ATA is a happy medium between the too short 30's and the too heavy 34's.
Unless you're a gear snob or always want the newest, there's really no reason to upgrade bows if the one you have is fairly new. I upgraded mine because I was having some carbon fiber splinter off one of the limbs, and I needed a new string. Decided to quickly trade it in on a new bow as the cost of limbs and a string would've put me near the cost of a mid grade bow.

They're all fast and they all shoot good when properly tuned and taken care of!

The Arrowstar:
View attachment 276281

Polar LTD

You had to be a young knuckle head just to lift those things.

20201111_132840.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back