Bonnie and Clyde

T Bone

Some of you may recall I have a little GSP named Bonnie. She'll be 4 years old in May. She's dynamite on the birds and a great family dog.
04_Chukars01.sized.jpg

BonnieandWilliam.jpg

I've been considering a 2nd dog for some time now and today I yanked the trigger. Not that life isn't busy enough with 4 kids aged 9 years to 8 months.

The 2nd is nothing else but another GSP, solid liver male(IMO the best looking gun dogs out there). We brought him home today and my 4 year old daughter was immediately disappointed that he doesn't play fetch, LOL. The kids decided that Clyde was a fitting name for him.

He's out of hunting stock from the heart of SD pheasant country. For kicks and giggles I put a pheasant wing on a fishing rod to see if he'd lock up. Sure enough, hard wired from the get go!
100_6348.jpg

100_6351.jpg

Congrats. Love that 2nd picture. We have 4 dogs and 2 kiddos. That sounds easier than what you've got, although it's more caca in the backyard. Especially since my 3-year-old son thinks it's okay to drop his drawers once in awhile out there since the doggies are doing it. :D My wife did give me a choice the other day between another GSP and another kid, but not both. :) Hmmmmm... I'll have to think that one over. ;) Enjoy the new pup.

Clyde the pup is doing great. Obedience training is going well. So far I'm real happy with him. No doubt that he is a hunter.

Bonnie has taken a real liking to him. I looked out today and she was humping him. 10 minutes later I look again and he's humping her leg. Kids are gonna be in for an education.

Looks like quite the pair!! You wouldn't need any help getting them trained this fall would you??? I could drive out and give them plenty of opportunity not to retrieve! :D

Seriously, depending on the draws this year, BOY and I may make a trip to SD this fall.

You're welcome to come on out. The pup's 1st year will be crucial to getting into lots of birds.

It's about a 2 hour drive to the birding areas. Course, you already know that since you've been here. Also, bring the 223 of yours. Since pheasant doesn't open until mid-morning, we go out early and call coyotes then trade up for the bird dogs and scatterguns.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back