Boise Work Trip Hangout spots?

MThuntr

Heading to Boise on Sunday for a work conference/meeting. Lots of range and plant people will be showing up in new hats and polished cowboy boots except me in a dirty hoodie and some trail shoes. I believe we're going to be very busy with things during the day but open to do whatever we want in the evenings.

The hunting anti-influencer Matt Rinella will be presenting on early calving dates and seeding for rangeland restoration. Stuff that actually seems interesting to me.

Suggestions for local spots to swing by?

Heading to Boise on Sunday for a work conference/meeting. Lots of range and plant people will be showing up in new hats and polished cowboy boots except me in a dirty hoodie and some trail shoes. I believe we're going to be very busy with things during the day but open to do whatever we want in the evenings.

The hunting anti-influencer Matt Rinella will be presenting on early calving dates and seeding for rangeland restoration. Stuff that actually seems interesting to me.

Suggestions for local spots to swing by?
You staying downtown?

Grab some Basque food and a beer at Bar Gernika. Haven’t spent but a few days in Boise but I did enjoy that joint.

I hit up Pengilly’s Saloon after and had an all around enjoyable time.

Yes. I'm staying at the Hampton Inn Downtown. We are at the Boise Centre for the week
There is a ton of stuff around there in walking distance. It has been a few years, so I will have to refresh my memory a bit and will text you some spots. I went to a really good spot one day for lunch during a rendezvous with @Schaaf and I feel like we probably resembled the cast from The Hangover. Barhopping with JRYoungs better half is not for the faint of heart...

There is a ton of stuff around there in walking distance. It has been a few years, so I will have to refresh my memory a bit and will text you some spots. I went to a really good spot one day for lunch during a rendezvous with @Schaaf and I feel like we probably resembled the cast from The Hangover. Barhopping with JRYoungs better half is not for the faint of heart...
Agreed, I think downtown Boise was awesome but I don’t remember a whole lot after that lunch.

Best bar is the Modern Bar for a mixed drink.

8th Street has bars and restaurants. German bar has great beer.

I’ll buy you a beer if you’re open and our schedules match. Busy work week but I’m in the brown tower downtown.

Pie Hole for late night/post bar grub. Potato bacon pizza and a side show.

Tin Roof for fancy white people tacos.

Fork for the adult grilled cheese

BACON because it’s bacon.

Goldy’s is worth the wait for breaky.

Pie Hole for late night/post bar grub. Potato bacon pizza and a side show.

Tin Roof for fancy white people tacos.

Fork for the adult grilled cheese

BACON because it’s bacon.

Goldy’s is worth the wait for breaky.
Thoughts on madre for a fancy taco? I tried it last summer and was super happy

As other said there's plenty of bars/food in downtown Boise. Bacon is good, Fork is good for lunch and dinner, Alavita is right next to Fork if you want good Italian, fancy Mexican food can be had at Coja de Jima, Casa Blanca has really good Cuban food not too far from downtown Boise. Epi's in Meridian is good not great. Crave or Coyne's in Eagle are good lunch/dinner places as well.

Any suggestions for a spot for Super Bowl watching in the downtown area? I think 4 or 5 of us will be there just before kick-off. Bonus points for bar food and option to reserve a table with TV viewing.

PF Chang’s is right there in downtown, I like there food! Super Bowl watching is probably going to be crazy, most pub’s/bar’s are on the small side, you might be able to reserve something at the Ram
Matt

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back