Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

BOG POD death grip tripod ?

wheels

im just curious iif anyone has thoughts or experience with the bog pod death grip tripod thanks

Depends on whether you're looking for a glassing or shooting platform. Its heavy as sin - way heavier than I anticipated. I bought one last year and took it on antelope hunt in WY. I ended up returning it as soon as I got home as I couldn't picture myself packing it further than earshot of the truck. I ended up buying the Sirui T-004SK w/ VA-5 Head from gohunt that I'm super pleased with. Way lighter, much better for glassing but can still double as a shooting platform if needed.

Besides being extremely heavy, for what it is... it does not have a center post. Without a center post, I can't see it being worth anything, other than shooting range type work, where you have a ton of time to adjust 3 legs to your liking.

Just my two cents.

Without a center post, I can't see it being worth anything, other than shooting range type work, where you
Hey now I use a tri leg setup! It's worth something!

I use a geekoto camera tripod with quick plates on my camera, bino and directly mounted to my gun. If I have time to setup or if I'm still hunting or sit hunting I have the tripod on my gun with legs out and adjusted. like shooting from a bench! However, that's not always the case so when I'm hiking around I have the legs bound together and roughly set for a kneeling shot. It works for me. It is a bit heavier at 3.4lb.

The Death Grip is great as a shooting platform. Its really designed for stationary hunting like calling coyotes, and especially for use with thermals/night vision. Its not really usable as a glassing tool either, there are plenty of light and packable tripods on the market, I really like my BOG Great Divide in that role.

Hey now I use a tri leg setup! It's worth something!

I use a geekoto camera tripod with quick plates on my camera, bino and directly mounted to my gun. If I have time to setup or if I'm still hunting or sit hunting I have the tripod on my gun with legs out and adjusted. like shooting from a bench! However, that's not always the case so when I'm hiking around I have the legs bound together and roughly set for a kneeling shot. It works for me. It is a bit heavier at 3.4lb.

Very true, I know they serve a purpose. When I first looked at these I guess I was just frustrated, that for a few extra dollars they could have added a center post and made the final adjustments that much quicker and easier.

Very true, I know they serve a purpose. When I first looked at these I guess I was just frustrated, that for a few extra dollars they could have added a center post and made the final adjustments that much quicker and easier.
On midway you can buy the bog camera and get the Death grip tripod for free right now, if you need a new camera and are stationary shooting it might be great. I shot off one this weekend. Great if stationary, but wouldn’t want to haul that bohemith around. It’s bigger than it is heavy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back