NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Blast from the Past II, Lets see them

elkfarmer

Lets see them, I know there is bigger but 28 hours in a truck(one way), 1800 miles(one way), 3 trips for 2 bulls...... I'M SHOOTEN!!!!!!!!

The first pic are the 2 monsters on the wall, the 2nd is a group of us in 2000.
I'm the one in the green hat on the end. All the elk were killed opening day by 10:00 am, all packed out and to the butchers by day 2. and i went way over budget on alcohol the rest of the week...

Attachments

• elk.jpg
    elk.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 386
  • group elk.jpg
    group elk.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 388
Thanks, I am hopeing to see some others from members here. kinda fun every now and then to take a look back. So lets see some more "Blast from the Past"

Here is a small 5 pt taken a few years ago.

elk5_02.jpg

This is my best bull. I have only had 2 good draw tags in 21 years of trying to draw.

021582.jpg

021593.jpg

This one is My daughter Kasi and her bull she got when she was 13. She said she wanted one bigger than mine, she did it! Ron

021590.jpg

show offs!!!!!!! those are some great animals.

Hey, Idaho Ron, does your daughters bull have a broken front tine, looks squared off in the pic, just wondering?

EF, Kasi's bull had injured his brow tine while in velvet. His brow tine has a blade that is about 3" wide and this caused his tine to grow down onto his nose like a caribou.
This is a picture of the mount. Ron

021618.jpg

Here is an elk I shot in 2001 in AZ. Sorry about the poor picture quality...

Attachments

• Elk.jpg
    Elk.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 287
Thanks Ron, hey Cave I L-O-V-E that topography in the background of your bull....how cool to be walking on a horizontal slope for once chasing elk!!
kudos again bro!

Marv, You'll be really happy to hear that I was able to drive the truck right up to it and me and three others pulled the entire elk right up into the back of the truck. Of course, the truck had a lift kit and 35 inch tires, so it was difficult getting it up into the bed...... Ha ha. Not as difficult as having to pack out cape and quarters for two miles like most hunts require. Come to think of it, my father-in-law shot another big 6x6 last year that we were able to drive right up to also.... Maybe this AZ hunting isn't so bad after all!

By the way, your bull is great!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back