PEAX Equipment

Blackmouth or Mtn Cur kennels in the West

CurPlott0241

I have been looking around for a couple weeks for a Blackmouth or Mtn Cur kennel or pup out west (I’m in Eastern MT). I know of WYO Mtn Curs in WY and will be reaching out to them after Christmas. I also tried Big Sky Curs in Belgrade but have not heard anything from them. Might be out of the business?
So anyway does anyone happen to know of a kennel/breeder or someone selling either out of proven dogs? Looking for a puppy and within about a state of me: MT, ND, SD, WY and possibly ID or CO.

Thanks for any help!

(Pic if my current dog for attention 😁)

Attachments

• DE0CD867-9A6A-4374-AC1D-F65811DB7682.jpeg
    DE0CD867-9A6A-4374-AC1D-F65811DB7682.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 16
You should get a terrier instead. Or just get a lab. Not that big of a difference between a curr and a lab

Careful what you wish for.
I understand where you are coming from. But everyone needs a first right? Like red heads 😆

In seriousness, I would do my due diligence to know what I could expect from a bmc by its parents and possibly other litters before going that route

What are you hunting? For a short range tree dog I really like Leopard Hounds, they are very smart and gamey. And could probably hunt game birds with them.

What are you hunting? For a short range tree dog I really like Leopard Hounds, they are very smart and gamey. And could probably hunt game birds with them.
Mainly decoy dogs, but would also like to get this one into running cats. I haven’t looked into Leopard Hounds. Do you have a breeder in my area that I could look into?

I got one from a guy in Plains that was a real good tree dog, I think it was mixed litter with several solid tree dogs and several duds. He doesn’t sell dogs anymore. I got a little over a year old Leopard from a hunter in Alberta, I haven’t hunted him much but he is smart and has a desire to track/hunt. He is still intact if I want to breed him down the road. He treed a bear and squirrels so far, and tracks our barn cat. I think they can be trained to hunt anything, he retrieves too. They is a guy on Leopard hounds Facebook in Wyoming that has some good dogs from what I’ve heard.

Attachments

• 895596AB-A14B-4316-B71A-4601513B6A17.jpeg
    895596AB-A14B-4316-B71A-4601513B6A17.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
  • AA77A02E-A676-4F07-9293-B3EF54E41C12.jpeg
    AA77A02E-A676-4F07-9293-B3EF54E41C12.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
I understand where you are coming from. But everyone needs a first right? Like red heads 😆

In seriousness, I would do my due diligence to know what I could expect from a bmc by its parents and possibly other litters before going that route

Lol

Ok

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back