Black Bear Rookie

Thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge. I've definitely learned a lot from this thread. I appreciate everyone's participation

Perhaps we could shed some light on the hunting aspect of things. Are there any behavioral patterns of bears I should be aware of? What kind of feed, habitat, etc. should I specifically be looking for?

Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread for this conversation? Or maybe it's a dumb question to begin with...

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

Also planning my 1st Black Bear hunt, but next fall 2020. If I’m fortunate enough to get a bear I need to find a local Taxidermist in NorCal. Just wondering roughly the cost of getting a rug done...

Also planning my 1st Black Bear hunt, but next fall 2020. If I’m fortunate enough to get a bear I need to find a local Taxidermist in NorCal. Just wondering roughly the cost of getting a rug done...

Full rug or just tanned.

Also prices vary dramatically by location, the bear I had done in CO cost $1000 my bear in Montana which was bigger cost $850. That's the felted rug with pad and D-loops.

Just to get a hide tanned is around $250-300 + shipping. You can freeze your hide and then ship it to some tanneries and they will flesh and tan if for you. If you know what you are doing you can flesh and salt it and just pay for tanning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back