Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Black bear in Idaho per square mile????

Big Sky

Would somebody who knows who to talk to in Idaho's F+G please find out what the highest density of black bears is per square mile in your state? I don't need to know the unit, just the highest density. Some guy on the net is claiming there is a unit with 20 bear per square mile. That has to be bogus, but I would like the "real" number.

Where are you reading that?

Well I finally tracked down a biologist in Idaho and he quoted that the highest densities in Idaho were in units 10 and 12. He also said that in those units the bear population would be slightly less than 1 bear per square mile. That's just a tad less than JohnTheGreek's statemant of 20 per square mile, which he posted at Saeed's. If you want a peek at this bear expert here's the link.

http://www.accuratereloading.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=578456&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=21&fpart=1

Okay, I've seen it all. I was gonna post a smart A$$ comment, but I could not seem to muster the energy to register with a site that would allow a booking agent to spout that kind of crap. Besides, I would only be a jealous outfitter, after all, I wish I had 20 bears per square mile. Happy hunting, Casey
PS Big Sky, good to see you out there calling B.S. where it needs to be.

I think the only place in Idaho that may have 20 bears per square mile is Bear World over by Rexburg. And just think, you don't have to get out of your rig to look at them all!!

Wilecoyote76

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back