Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Birds, fish, and camping near elk ?

Norcal-Noodler

Hey everyone,

Back to Wyoming again this fall with the family - I've given up on the idea of getting a elk tag anywhere near a area where my girlfriend can pull a antelope buck tag on her 1 PT. We are planning to pull up stakes and head towards her area towards the end of the trip - SHE WANTS SOME BONES TO HANG ON THE WALL.

I plan on short 1-2 night backpack hunts from camp (gotta come back to get warmed up) and only have 1 pt so I'm going to apply for a General tag and keep my fingers crossed, I'm completely fine if I have to get a leftover cow tag - both are food for the family and I'd be more than thrilled if she was the one coming home with a trophy this year (she has only harvested a doe deer so far) I would also be perfectly happy to apply for a full price cow tag.

Does anyone have any general input to help steer us in the right direction for a great camping spot for her, a 6yr old, and my pointer ? We have a semi-lifted tiny camper trailer so we can get down some dirt roads and they would love to find an area to fish and even more so find birds. She loves to chase birds and so does the dog.

So far I have been looking at the Grey's river area - not sure about this place and if we can find some secluded camping - the harvest in this area is pretty low as well.

Maybe the weather will be mild enough we can all go backpacking together ;-)

Nevada is very steep ;)

IMG_1056 (1).jpeg

First Deer ( she took her blaze hat off and let her hair down before we dressed her ?)

IMG_3518.jpeg

Gotta get em glassing early

IMG_3577.jpeg

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back