MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Binos in $250-$300 range

I would go with the 10x50mm for the field of veiw. I'm not sure about the prices where you're getting them from but they are reasonable where I am locally. Eventually I'm going to be moving more into the high end when I have the money in the back for them

I would save until you can afford the vortex viper hd's. I got a pair for my son last year on sale for $300 around Xmas time. They are much better than the diamondbacks and worth the extra money. I got a free pair of zeiss terra's when I bought my zeiss binos last year and they were very good as well.

Cronus 8.5x42 Binocular i have a pair of these, and there awful dang good for the price from cameraland, i gave away couple pairs of lower end vortex and bought 2 pairs of these for truck binos​

Even the top of the line products by Vortex come from elsewhere. Kind of sad if you think about it but it's the best we can do

I would go with the 10x50mm for the field of veiw. I'm not sure about the prices where you're getting them from but they are reasonable where I am locally. Eventually I'm going to be moving more into the high end when I have the money in the back for them

Most 10x50's will have a lower FOV than their 10x42 counter parts. Same goes for 10x42 vs 10x32. Picking a Bino in OP's price range, we'll look at Vortex Diamondback HDs:

10x50: 315ft/1000yds
10x42: 330ft/1000yds
10x32: 340ft/1000yds

I know some people have mentioned Vortex Diamondback, which I'm sure it's a fine choice, but I used my glasses instead of my contact lenses and the eye relief with the cups in the lowest position wasn't enough and I literally have to take my glasses off to use them. My eyesight is -1.25 and I like to keep my thin metal framed glasses really close to my eyes, but I do have a big brow and deeper eye sockets, but not too weird to think that it would be that bad. I think I need about 4mm more eye relief to use my glasses and binos together.

If I didn't get an amazing deal for them, I'd go with higher-end binos. Probably zeiss or Maven.

I bought the Maven C-1 8X42’s used from a member on here. I used them on an Antelope hunt and thought they performed great. I got them for under $300.

do a lot of deer hunting in PA and getting back into western elk and deer. would Vortex Diamondbacks 10x42 be a good option or would 8 power be good? Does Vortex have good class in that price range?

What did you end up getting?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back