Caribou Gear

Bino harness

gbfan

Anyone out there know if there's a bino harness that has clips/fasteners that aren't plastic (maybe metal)? I'm talking about the part that attaches to the split rings on the binocs themselves. Never actually had one break, but always wonder if the plastic might get brittle and break. Thanks.

I hear you.. when i got my harness from Crooked Horn I called them up and asked if the little zip wire ties they sent were going to hold my $2000 binos. They assured me they would, but I still doubled them up just to be sure. The Crooked horns have the plastic clips with the swivels. I never had any trouble with them. I tried another cheapo brand without the swivels, bad mistake.

I have the same fear to be honest. I simply change the zip ties out every year or so and have never had one break on me.

I have the same fear to be honest. I simply change the zip ties out every year or so and have never had one break on me.

I read once that someone had put those little rings similar to key rings on his harness to his Swaro bino strap lugs and after a few seasons the rings wore through the lugs on his swaros. Something to keep in mind.
Stan, those bino harness you use don't have the swivels? if not they dont get twisted up when putting on? That is what I like about the crooked horn the most, they never twist up and go on flat.

Those harnesses are total junk. The old binocsock product was licensed to Crooked Horn, and it's now sold as the bino shield. It's the only way to go - neck strap by butler creek, and bino shield. My 2 cents.

Those harnesses are total junk. The old binocsock product was licensed to Crooked Horn, and it's now sold as the bino shield. It's the only way to go - neck strap by butler creek, and bino shield. My 2 cents.
does it have the swivels?

Thanks for the info. Never really thought about the rings wearing through the binos themselves. Currently using the bino-shield w/ the harness as I can't find any lense covers for my Leica Trinovids.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back