Caribou Gear

Big Sky turned cheesehead

earthwalker

Great site. I stumbled in here through reading up on the MOGA/RMEF/Randy Newberg situation-MOGA sure showed its a$$. It's great to see the momentum behind the DIY/public access/public wildlife movement in my home state of MT. The ol' pendulum appears to be swinging away from the money and toward the public good.
About me- Grew up on the banks of the Milk River long before it was discovered by the "industry", spent my young adulthood in SE Alaska working as a commercial fisherman, and wound up situated in NE Wisconsin on L. Winnebago with frequent trips back to MT. I'm a traditional archer, trapper, and have developed a taste for sturgeon spearing with my cheesehead buds.

Welcome. I'm sure you also did some fishing at Nelson.

It's coming. 13 degrees and snow coming today though. The walleyes are going to have to be patient.

Isn't that tee-shirt weather?

I remember one night, about 4 AM, and the spray from the dam was covering the boat. I was in my snowmobile suit, in the fetal position, trying to stay warm enough to stand up and catch another hog. The guys next to us start taking pictures and when the flash goes off I can see they were wearing sweatshirts and ball caps. Locals!

Isn't that tee-shirt weather?

I remember one night, about 4 AM, and the spray from the dam was covering the boat. I was in my snowmobile suit, in the fetal position, trying to stay warm enough to stand up and catch another hog. The guys next to us start taking pictures and when the flash goes off I can see they were wearing sweatshirts and ball caps. Locals!
Most Wisconsinites have been here long enough that they've evolved a natural insulating layer in response to the climate. Maintenance demands regular intake of cheese curds, brats, and the brew that made Milwaukee famous.

Most Wisconsinites have been here long enough that they've evolved a natural insulating layer in response to the climate. Maintenance demands regular intake of cheese curds, brats, and the brew that made Milwaukee famous.

I guess this explains the lack of world class sprinters from Wisconsin!:D

Welcome to the site.

I've been known to stay at the Sleeping Buffalo Hot Springs

http://sleepingbuffalo.blogspot.com/

with my wife when we hunt pheasants and sharpies in the neighborhood. But we haven't been there for a decade or two or three. Rustic accommodations at that time, but the hunting was good.

Welcome to the site.

I've been known to stay at the Sleeping Buffalo Hot Springs

http://sleepingbuffalo.blogspot.com/

with my wife when we hunt pheasants and sharpies in the neighborhood. But we haven't been there for a decade or two or three. Rustic accommodations at that time, but the hunting was good.
I hadn't been back to the Buff. for 25-30 years, rolled in off of a closed U.S. 2 in January '09. Snow drifts over the roof, and 50 below. Got a "special" deal on a room from the proprietor who remembered me from my childhood. My wife and kids weren't too impressed- blood on the walls and mj smoke drifting through the halls.
The water feels and smells just like I remember it. The place brings back a lot of good memories for me and I'm glad to be able to give my kids the experience. I've been around a little, there is no place like the Sleeping Buff.

well he hit the nail on the head with that comment, being from NW Wis I can relate to that. I had friends up from Alabama one fall and the air temp was in the 30's. they came out wearing parka's and stocking caps. Me just a sweat shirt and they said I was nuts.:)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back