Big Sky Pheasant Opener

MTBirdhunter

Looks like a great opener coming up this weekend, wish the weather would be a little cooler for the hounds, but, like they say, "careful what you wish for", especially here in Montana! Farmers and ranchers I know are all pretty optimistic on bird numbers, I can not wait to break out the over under for Saturday morning :D

I hope you have a great opener! I hope I was out there for a archery hunt, that big rain sure helped the grass there. We heard a lot of birds getting up early in the am.

I'm out a LOT. Delivery's in rural Mt and hunting and fishing EVERY week end.
I see a lot of pheasants in the shelter belts and farm yards, I'm seeing NONE out away from that ...
I see WAY more sharp tail then Pheasants. :hump:

What area of the state are you talking? I know in the counties I travel in here in NE, farmers and ranchers I know say all numbers are up, pheasants are WAY up...

That terrible rain storm in late august killed a ton of gamebirds in the central part of the state. Could be why there aren't a lot of birds in that area this year.

The rain didn't affect our bird numbers according to my observations pre and post storm.

Should be a good one.

Nemont

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back