Caribou Gear

Big ole coyote

1oldcoyote

X-tra large coyote. I never tried for him as I was focused on finding me a fresh lion track. This coyote was so large even after I zoomed in on him with my spotter scope? I still thought he? was a wolf. I spent over 1/2 hr viewing him trying to make out what he? actually was. But once he sat up & faced me. I determined he was a coyote. Coyote is 700+ yrds off the road. Wind at his backslide as per usual. A huntress told me she seen the same canine & also thought it was a wolf. I suspect he may have had domestic dog in his bloodline. Because he was far to large to have been run of the mill joe coyote.

Attachments

• k6jezf6n939p3845b84igcenqssrjgwv.jpg
    k6jezf6n939p3845b84igcenqssrjgwv.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 25
X-tra large coyote. I never tried for him as I was focused on finding me a fresh lion track. This coyote was so large even after I zoomed in on him with my spotter scope? I still thought he? was a wolf. I spent over 1/2 hr viewing him trying to make out what he? actually was. But once he sat up & faced me. I determined he was a coyote. Coyote is 700+ yrds off the road. Wind at his backslide as per usual. A huntress told me she seen the same canine & also thought it was a wolf. I suspect he may have had domestic dog in his bloodline. Because he was far to large to have been run of the mill joe coyote.
Over my hunt yrs I have seen more than 1/2 dozen canines I thought had domestic dog in them. They were all very large & did not look "100%" run of the mill coyote to me. One was paired up with a average size coyote. He was twice her size. I put a 223 SN quartered through his chest on the fly. Knocked him down way out there. And chunks of lung fell onto the snow where he hit the deck. He got to his feet & I could not re-connect. I tracked him 3/4 mile to an abandoned farm. Where he left a wide swath of blood. When he crawled down his den hole under an old machine shed. He was all gold with a coyote white underside. He had a husky built chest/shoulders. Broad head & muzzle, small pointed ears like arrow heads. Most unusual wild canine I've seen up close.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back