Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Big League Opinion Piece for Jose

Nice article.

A buddy in the ag business explained to some do-gooders one day the reality of cows or cabins. I'd much rather have locals engaged in keeping federal lands public and multiple use.

I'd much rather have locals engaged in keeping federal lands public and multiple use.

FALLACY: PRESENTLY THERE IS NO LOCAL INPUT IN FEDERAL LAND MANAGEMENT DECISIONS. FEDERAL LAND MANAGEMENT DECISIONS ARE MADE IN FAR-OFF WASHINGTON, DC
By law there are publicized proposals and plans regarding federal public lands, which include public comment periods and hearings, often extended to maximize local public input opportunity, which is typically published as factors. Unfortunately far too few citizens and local elected officials participate.
Decisions, policies, and implementation are by agency personnel on-the-ground in the local areas affected. Public land managers, supervisors, rangers, officers, personnel who plan, decide, and implement policies are your neighbors and local service organization members, local youth sports team coaches, parents, PTA members, and hard working state citizens who live in your home town, people who also typically use those same public lands you enjoy.

Nice article.

A buddy in the ag business explained to some do-gooders one day the reality of cows or cabins. I'd much rather have locals engaged in keeping federal lands public and multiple use.

I may be reading this a bit differently... I'm reading that dukes_daddy is saying he'd rather see cows on public lands than cabins, just like the farmer who was explaining to the person who didn't like cows.

Pricing pollution-read carbon tax. Bush leaguers like Hank Paulson are floating that bad idea right now.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/07/politics/republicans-climate-change/index.html

Baker believes returning the carbon tax proceeds in checks to families would have appeal with Trump's blue collar base. The logic behind a carbon tax is that it makes polluting the atmosphere -- such as by burning coal, oil and natural gas -- more expensive. And it creates an incentive for companies and people to move toward cleaner, renewable sources of energy

Going after the DUH constituency to get this latest Ponzi scheme in place -smart, very smart!

Last edited:
"One option worth pondering is reforming split-estate laws to allow private landowners to buy subsurface mineral rights from the government. Selling federal subsurface rights to conscientious landowners will point us in a more positive direction than auctioning off vast swaths below market rates to remote bidders seeking to exploit a parcel on a map."

Huckabee floated this idea earlier.

Seems to me this idea would benefit trophy ranch owners like the Wilkes Bros over small family ranchers trying to scratch out a living on their deeded land.

What can we get for a Susan B. Anthony silver dollar? I've had one burning a hole in my piggy bank for about 19 years.

Back