Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Big Horn Meat Cutting Buffalo WY?

klampson

Anyone every use Big Horn Meat Cutting in Buffalo WY?

Heading out to WY next week for an antelope hunt. I usually do my own processing, however this time I have back to back antelope hunts. I also have a MT antelope tag. Was thinking about having my WY animal processed by a butcher, and picking it up on the way home from MT.

We had three elk processed in 24 hours and were very happy when it was all said and done. You can also get dry ice.

I've used them a few times, but they also changed owners recently (last year?).

I've never had anything but good results. Vacuum sealed meat, burger bagged. You can/could, also swap "meat" for sausage sticks.

Used them last year to donate an antelope to food bank, has to be professionally processed and they handled it all, cut/ground/delivered.

It's an impressive place in October! Dropping off dead critters and seeing how many animals are there, 3-4 skinners going crazy, hanging, skinning, rinse and move to the next one.

We’ve used them 5-6 times, hunting with Bear Track Outfitters in Buffalo. Usually have traded antelope for jalapeño & cheese summer sausage and spicy sticks. Very tasty.

We had three elk processed in 24 hours and were very happy when it was all said and done. You can also get dry ice.
We are going to be there in November once again. We usually process all our own game, but a couple of my guys are thinking about having theirs processed (if successful). Can you tell me approximately how much they charge for an elk (steaks and burger, nothing fancy).

We are going to be there in November once again. We usually process all our own game, but a couple of my guys are thinking about having theirs processed (if successful). Can you tell me approximately how much they charge for an elk (steaks and burger, nothing fancy).
Last year we had nothing fancy done on the the cow elk, and rush job which meant the elk were done the following day. Total was $275 out the door, 147lbs with bone on quarters, block of dry ice for the elk I got.

My group is well versed in breaking down smaller sized animals, and all of us agree having the elk process was a wise move, and were happy with finished product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back