Caribou Gear

“Big 3” all from your home state

Greenhorn

What other lucky hunters have had luck of the draw and while hunting to get all 3 close to home? I know a few others, and likely quite a few here have also had good fortune . Moose sheep and goat.

My moose(2007) was taken in the blacktail unit, my goat(2012) and sheep in Spanish Peaks. I’m still hoping for a good whitetail buck from peaks (tall order on public) and a moose if I could draw again someday.

I’m planning to rearrange my den so all 3 will be above my fireplace.

T

timmy

I’m waiting on the goat. And the way things are headed I certainly don’t expect it or deserve it. Congrats greenhorn.

elkantlers

Wow, That moose is impressive.

I will never have a big three. I should have a Desert Bighorn sheep permit in the next couple years. That's probably my only OIL I will ever get.

turbobrick

Not possible here, but holy shitsnacks is that a nice Shiras. I'm impressed and humbled by what so many of you guys have accomplished.

Mica Man

Idaho Archery moose 1999 Snake River.
Bighorn sheep 2015 Frank Church.
Mountain goat 2019 Frank Church.
I feel pretty dang fortunate to have drawn all three in just a twenty year time period. I'll probably start applying for sheep south of I-84 after I draw an Idaho rifle elk tag. I'd like to see how that feels like.

rmyoung1

@Greenhorn I remember seeing your Shiras on that B&C show years ago. What a giant. Unreal. Looks like an Alaskan moose got lost and made his way south to MT.

Anyway, to answer your question, I have a friend in Colorado who has taken moose, goat and a DESERT ram all on the West Slope not very far from his home. And he should draw a Rocky Mtn bighorn ram tag (he’s an archery hunter) here sometime. Kind of a crazy accomplishment.

Last edited: