Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

BF Goodrich Tires ???

Been running Goodyear Wrangler Duratacs the last few years on my Tacoma 4x4. Excellent on NM dirt/gravel/ mud/snow/ice. Not too loud on Hwy. Life between punctures is as important as longevity,IMHO. 40k+ and tons of treadleft. 2yrs,1 flat. They make a Kevlar model local G&F guys use....
Used to run Michlens,but they don't work as good in this NM mud we call roads.

Been running Goodyear Wrangler Duratacs the last few years on my Tacoma 4x4. Excellent on NM dirt/gravel/ mud/snow/ice. Not too loud on Hwy. Life between punctures is as important as longevity,IMHO. 40k+ and tons of treadleft. 2yrs,1 flat. They make a Kevlar model local G&F guys use....
Used to run Michlens,but they don't work as good in this NM mud we call roads.

Duratracs are really good tires.

Had BFG on a 2007 Tahoe. Lasted 85k miles....mostly highway. No complaints. Purchased Michelin LTX mud/snow. Best tire I have ever owned on a truck. PERIOD. Quiet on highway and performance in WY betonite roads amazing. I believe they are warrentied for 70k miles.

I've had 4 sets over the years on different pickups. Currently I have a set on my 03 Tundra with about 10K miles on them. They seem to wear well if you're good about rotating them and I realistically expect 45-50K miles out of them. The tread pattern really seems to work well off road and on wet or slick roads. They were actually the cheapest option for me the last time when I purchased them at Costco this summer. That however is usually not the case as others have mentioned. I'd recommend them unless they are considerably more money.

My neighbor just replaced his worn out BFG's on his F-250 with Coopers.
I used it to haul some lumber on a trailer and they were excellent on the snow and ice.
A little dicey on my dirt/mud coming into ranch tho....luggs fill up like the BFG's.

I guess I'll be the one that says they suck. They're loud, suck in wet road conditions and ice, and so so in snow. They're great on dry ground, but just about any tire is.. I wore a set out and will never buy them again. Going back to Michelins.

I have run BFG S for 20 plus years . Tough tire avearage about 42,000 per set.
I have run 265 to 315 .on different trucks .Ran a set os 35 s on a f 350 on 10" rims and pulled my forklift on a goose neck . Pricey but tough !!!!

MT.PERCHMAN

Thanks for all the opinions guys, I checked our local Costco too like a few suggested, and the BFGs in load range E and my size are pushing $1,100.00 a set.
it seems like everyone is happy with there Coopers, so for $300.00 plus difference in the price, I think Coopers is the way I will go. I ran them on my last Truck and was happy with them too.

Kevin

I wait for a sale at Sears or Farm and Fleet to buy them. Several times a year they run a buy 3 get 1 free sale.

Awesome tire

I have a set on my F-150. 4wd went out and I didn't even know it until I got on the hard road. They are worth the money. :)

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back