Best way to start a bait?????

Dogfood Works Great.....

Burning Honey is Easy. Put some in a Can and bring up a Propain stove and Cook it. Cook it slow though. It doesn't take long untill it Bubbles over so Don't but more then 1/5th of the size.

Oil/Grease into the Dog food works OK too.

Apples are Actually the Best, Especially in the fall. In order for me to get them, I'd have to Buy them. Therefor, not cheap.

Sometimes we pour the Honey out, Sometimes we let it Crystalize. It goes to Smoke jsut before it looses all the moisture:

5_17_d.sized.jpg

5_17_e.sized.jpg

Dog foodworks great along with honey and bacon grease burns , you can also use sterno cans , just as you know be careful and dont leave the thing burning. I do real well with pastries and molasses from the local feed store . I also use anis liquid smoke and vanila for some good smells. My bait has been out 2 days and is getting hit pretty good .

Oh yeah , anything will work but the sweeter the better once them berries go away they really start coming in and will hang tight around baits you often will bump them off the bait and they will be back soon after you leave , or your partner leaves .

Placed a bait last night. Man it takes a long time for that honey to burn. I'll put less in the can next time. How often do you burn it?

Around here RAiner beer works good...at least that's what the game officers say. I'll try and find the article and post it for y'all.
Quick Draw

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back