PEAX Equipment

Best Spots for Pronghorn in NW Nebraska

dpbrown

Anyone have any ideas where to hunt Pronghorn in NW Nebraska. Have some private land to hunt near Chadron but also looking for public land that may be good spots where there may not be a lot of pressure because we are planning on going in the second or third week of the archery season. Thanks

Never hunted pronghorn in Nebraska, so I am not of much help. But, I can assure you that you will have a blast, and will probably make archery pronghorn part of your annual hunts.

Good luck.

Try the Oglala national grassland north of Crawford. You shuldn't have to much of a propblem with pressure during archery season.

Hunted that area two years back FORT ROBIONS SP. for turkey lots of speed goats in that area. Planing to hunt that area first two weeks of oct. for deer and goat.

was out there last summer scoutng and like previously stated the ogalala north of crawford is a great spot i saw tons of antelope was looking for mule deer but hardly saw any but tons of antelope

You might check with Ft Robinson staff before you hunt antelope. Last year they told me there was no antelope hunting in certain areas at Ft. Robinson.

I hunted the first week of archery season in 2009 in the Oglala Natl. Grassland north of Crawford. There were a few other hunters around, but not many. I have no idea about the time period you are wanting to go, but would guess you might have it fairly well to yourself, and also I think your timing would be better if you were trying to time the rutting activity. It is a pretty expansive area, so you should have no trouble finding animals away from whatever other hunter you might run into. I will be going back in 2012. Feel free to PM me if you'd like and I'll share whatever I can to help out. Good luck and look forward to hearing your report and stories!

Info on Oglala

We are headed to Oglala for at least a couple of days. Next question is where to start when we do go there. Is there one are where there is a higher concentration than another. Thanks for all of you help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back