Best paper map to order??

Noodlerfreak

Caught the bug to go out west and hunt from watching Randy on Fresh Tracks. Got super lucky and drew my first elk tag (Arizona unit #1) with one point!!!!! I have subscribed to On X maps but was wondering what's the best place to order a paper map of the area. Thanks for the help.

If you can't find exactly what you want for a particular area you can always buy "rite in the rain" paper and print your own*. You will be limited to 8'x11", but you could print aerial imagery.

*must have access to a laser printer

^Dear Lodge Mountains?

I could go on about the this basemap and how poor it is. In this small chunk of Montana they write Dear Lodge Mountains, and place that label over the Elkhorns. There is no such thing as the Deer Lodge Mountains - those are the Boulder Mountains officially. So within their error there are more errors. You can pan around on this basemap and find similar BS.

I acknowledge I am a dork.

I could go on about the this basemap and how poor it is. In this small chunk of Montana they write Dear Lodge Mountains, and place that label over the Elkhorns. There is no such thing as the Deer Lodge Mountains - those are the Boulder Mountains officially. So within their error there are more errors. You can pan around on this basemap and find similar BS.

Not even my stomping grounds, but I knew there were no Deer Lodge Mountains, much less Dear Lodge Mountains. It's amazing those mistakes could happen. It's ok to me a map nerd. I'm a bit of one myself.

So within their error there are more errors. You can pan around on this basemap and find similar BS.

Agree... which is why I just stick to the ESRI basemap. For the record the paper maps are a totally different department, and those cartographers are based out of Evergreen, CO.

Flatline maps are Arizona unit specific, waterproof and contain information about the unit from AZ game and fish. Mytopo is alright just doesn't compare to the Flatline maps. Only problem is they are only available for AZ units.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back