Best Hunting pad

I've got a Klymit Insulated Static V that I was very pleasantly surprised with. I spend a good amount of time sleeping on my side and haven't had any hip/shoulder pain in the nights I've used it. Packs up nice and small, too.
They are $70 on eBay, factory refurbished. Strongly considering this one.

This ^!

This has me close to pulling the trigger on the Klymit Luxe for this year (30"). Throw this under a Nemo spoon bag and my side-sleeping self may have a decent nights sleep.
I use one, it's amazing compared to all the skinny pads out there. Tested it on a semi rocky creek bank one night, didn't feel a single rock.

Also, the insulated version works wonders when I was down close to zero degrees elk hunting.

Moral of the story, pull the trigger, is awesome but a little heavy

Everything is a compromise. I’ve used a bunch, my favorite is the NeoAir Xtherm for cool-cold weather and NeoAir XLite for everything else.

Hey, Snowy, I'm looking for a new, hopefully lighter and thicker pad than my current Klymit insulated static V. The Neoair's both are lighter but I'm seeing enough bad reviews claiming the new valve isn't working so hot and that the durability is non existent. Do you have to baby these pads? I've got a Z lite sol I could use underneath to keep it off the pokey stuff, but what's the point then if I need to run another 10oz up the mountain to protect your air pad?

I don’t put them on bare ground but otherwise I wouldn’t say I baby them. I’ve never had valve problems personally, but realistically we all have small sample sizes. I had a gen 1 Neoair that did develop a slow leak. I have three different Neoairs currently in my household and they’ve all held up fine so far. I had an Exped and a BA insulated air core develop slow leaks too so I wouldn’t really view any of them as a 100% sure thing. The durability is a trade off for low weight and high comfort in my view.

I don’t put them on bare ground but otherwise I wouldn’t say I baby them. I’ve never had valve problems personally, but realistically we all have small sample sizes. I had a gen 1 Neoair that did develop a slow leak. I have three different Neoairs currently in my household and they’ve all held up fine so far. I had an Exped and a BA insulated air core develop slow leaks too so I wouldn’t really view any of them as a 100% sure thing. The durability is a trade off for low weight and high comfort in my view.

x2

no issues, I don’t put mine on bare ground but I don’t really baby them either.

I run a floorless shelter 99% of the time and the one luxury item I pack is my Thermarest ultralight cot. I use the standard size. It's not good for sleeping on snow that's more than 1-2" deep or over large rocks, but it's worth the extra ounces and couple minutes of setup time as far as I'm concerned. Pairs well with a down quilt in colder temps or jungle bag in the summer and early fall.

(Not my picture)

thermarest-ultralite-cot-1.jpg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back