Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Best glassing tripod for less than 150$

sebstol1

Hey folks,
Wondering if anyone has a recommended tripod setup for glassing with binoculars for less than 150$. Certainly I've found some tripods that are less than 150$ but I'd love to hear any hunters perspective on a good, cheaper tripod setup.
Thanks, God bless

Schmaltz sold me a Sinno tripod a couple of years ago, and I figured for $100 it would be okay. Shockingly, I keep trying to upgrade but fail. It's light, compact, durable and very affordable. It doesn't look like it is still made from Sinno, but this Sirui is a spitting image and I'd be shocked if they aren't the same product....same specs all the way around.

I'm going to try and carry my carbon fiber slik that I bought on sale, but I have a sneaking suspicion my Sinno will still get in my pack a majority of the time.

Only one in that category I've used is the Slik Sprint Pro with 3-way head. It was decent, lasted me a good 5-6 years of hard use. I've heard good things about the Sirui JR linked.

I just picked up a ProMaster Guide GD525CK for a few bucks more than $150 but it came highly recommended on another forum. I haven't had a chance to mess with it quite yet but things to move very smoothly.

Hey folks,
Wondering if anyone has a recommended tripod setup for glassing with binoculars for less than 150$. Certainly I've found some tripods that are less than 150$ but I'd love to hear any hunters perspective on a good, cheaper tripod setup.
Thanks, God bless

I have a slik carbon fiber one, can't recall the name and it was just under $200. It's quite nice. I have a sirui aluminum for work - heavier, but nice as well. holds a heavy spotter a bit better. I have a benro pan head but am only impressed by the weight, not function. The pan up and down is really grabby. The work rig has a manfrotto, which is excellent, so smooth, but 2x the $$.

I've been through LOT of tripods over the years. I am now using a carbon fiber tripod i got on amazon for about $120 and put a manfrotto 700rc2 on it for about $70. A little more than $150, but a guy would be real hard pressed to find a better setup for that price. I've used most tripods and heads over the years including outdoorsman's and i like this setup better than the rest.

Schmaltz sold me a Sinno tripod a couple of years ago, and I figured for $100 it would be okay. Shockingly, I keep trying to upgrade but fail. It's light, compact, durable and very affordable. It doesn't look like it is still made from Sinno, but this Sirui is a spitting image and I'd be shocked if they aren't the same product....same specs all the way around.

I'm going to try and carry my carbon fiber slik that I bought on sale, but I have a sneaking suspicion my Sinno will still get in my pack a majority of the time.

I have the same one courtesy of Schmaltz. Pretty great value.

I bought a slik for $100 been real happy with it. About 2 months ago I had it in the back of my truck -20 and got it out to look at some goats. A piece broke (I blame the -20 weather) called slik. $10 later I’m back in business.

I have a Slik. I like the tripod itself but the head is sticky and jumps around. Very hard to pan smoothly and with precision. I am beginning to realize that the head is more important than the tripod.

Budget option...

3WE sells a carbon fiber tripod for $115 on Amazon that looks suspiciously similar to another commonly touted carbon model which sells for a lot more (draw your own Chinese manufacturing facility conclusions). I picked one up out of curiosity and am not disappointed. It comes with a pretty decent ball head. I put a $30 GkGk G06 fluid pan/tilt on it and am very pleased. This is a very solid tripod even at standing height.

So if you dont care what name is on the side, you can have a full height carbon tripod with arca-swiss fluid pan head in a 3.5# package for under $150.

Pics with my Athlon Ares 65 for scale and is extended well above my standing viewing height (I'm 5'9").

Attachments

• IMG-4934.JPG
    IMG-4934.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG-4935.JPG
    IMG-4935.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 36
Why are tripods so dang expensive? Knowing nothing about them, i would gues on average they should be 30 to 50 dollars and high end, 100$. You can barely find one for 100$

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back