Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Best/favorite diaphragm call/tube for bugling

I'm partial to Primos Palate Plates. The red and the white ones work best for me. I've tried Rocky Mountains but the blue color is way to small for me. Carltons are to big and I always seem to mess them up when I try and trim the tape. My favorite tube was a Carlton that they no longer make. I left it at a wallow one night way up in northern Colorado. One day I'll make it back up there and retrieve it.

I like the Primos palate plate too. The black one works best for bugles for me. I like the bugling bull tube but usually carry a Primos tube call that I cut the mouth piece out of for an easier tube to carry

I'm new to calling, and have tried 7 different diaphragm calls this year as I learn and practice daily. Mix of Phelps and Rocky Mountain calls. For me, by far my best, most realistic sounding and easiest to use combination is the Phelps bugle tube and the Rocky Mountain All-star diaphragm call (bright green color).

Point Blank aka Jones calls is what I have used for years. I used to call in my order and talk to Larry D. Jones himself. Sure do miss dealing with Larry. Now I have been using Rocky Mountain calls.

I struggled getting any to fit but found the Rock Mountain "Mistress" fit great. It's bright pink and I can go all the sounds fairly well with it. The blue one was too small for me as well

I use a few different diaphragm calls,and elk nuts tube.I really have great luck calling in bulls with my woods wise hyper hot cow call.It's an open Reed call and super easy to use.Makes bulls downright stupid when they hear it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back