Best broadhead for elk?

Have been using the Wac'm 3 blade 100 grain for years but 2 years ago switched to the ramcat 3 blade diamondback. They are idiot proof and fly like field points.
Just came across reference to ramcats elsewhere. Really wanting to believe "fly like field points". It would be great to not have to make site adjustments from shooting FPs to BHs.

Just came across reference to ramcats elsewhere. Really wanting to believe "fly like field points". It would be great to not have to make site adjustments from shooting FPs to BHs.
Can't speak for the ramcats but I'm sure if @Greenhorn says they do that is probably the case. Another broadhead that I have found to fly identical to my field points at any distance is the QAD Exodus 3 blade. They are a very durable and sharp head. Sounds crazy but seems like my broadhead groups are actually tighter than my field points with them.

Can't speak for the ramcats but I'm sure if @Greenhorn says they do that is probably the case. Another broadhead that I have found to fly identical to my field points at any distance is the QAD Exodus 3 blade. They are a very durable and sharp head. Sounds crazy but seems like my broadhead groups are actually tighter than my field points with them.
Great, I'll give the QADs a shot as well...thanks

Something that you are confident in the flight and accuracy of is the #1 consideration I would say. I think as a general rule fixed blades are going to afford you more penetration and expandables are going to cut a bigger hole but not penetrate as much. There can certainly be complete pass throughs with expandables too. But just speaking in generalities.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back