Best Archery Shop... Colorado Edition

MtnElk

I already know for a fact that in 2023 I am going to add bow hunting to my arsenal of chasing elk. To my fellow Coloradans, what is your favorite archery pro shop? Willing to travel on this one, but would prefer with 2 hours of Denver metro if possible (we are based in Conifer). Want to get the process started sooner rather than later, as we'll soon have the space for me to practice from home in our new yard.

Thanks in advance. Bonus points if you have bow recommendations

I already know for a fact that in 2023 I am going to add bow hunting to my arsenal of chasing elk. To my fellow Coloradans, what is your favorite archery pro shop? Willing to travel on this one, but would prefer with 2 hours of Denver metro if possible (we are based in Conifer). Want to get the process started sooner rather than later, as we'll soon have the space for me to practice from home in our new yard.

There are two solid bow shops in the denver metro. Bear creek and no limits. Both have their positives and negatives but have a large variety of bows and will allow you to test them. The best bow for you is the one that fits and feels the best. I ended up with a Matthews vxr after shooting a half dozen or so bows.

Going at off peak hours will help you out. Going in and telling them I am looking for a new bow and basically know nothing and here is my budget produced the best results for me. The attitudes and vibe of you don’t belong here can happen at both stores depending on who is working. Seems to just be a thing. Just like the bow, whichever shop you like better I would go with, try bear creek first, it is much closer to you.

That being said, I bought my bow from bear creek and had a great first experience. 2nd and third experiences were horrible and caused me to go to no limits. All depends on who is working behind the desk. No limits has more accessories and an outdoor range.

Bear creek and no limits are great places. I’ve had both shops do work on my bow. I use bear creek more though because they are closer.

I’m a Matthew’s guy. But go try out different bows and find out what feels and shoots best for you.

Archery in the Wild in Longmont. I met the owner, Boyd, while out archery hunting last year. After visiting his shop I’ll never go to another archery shop in CO (and I live a half hour south of Pueblo).
You may want to call em first though to make sure the Longmont location is still open, I know he’s got another shop in Kremmling as well

Last edited:
Archery in the Wild in Longmont. I met the owner, Boyd, while out archery hunting last year. After visiting his shop I’ll never go to another archery shop in CO (and I live a half hour south of Pueblo)
Dang, THAT good? that's a haul man!

Can’t wait to see what you pick out! Good luck this season Bud I hope you get something with your bow the first year! I got a doe my first year, got within touching distance of two coyotes and called an elk into like 60 yards— now bow hunting has consumed my soul lol

I second everything @Dsnow9 said in his post, right down to buying my bow from Bear Creek, then transitioning to doing all my business at No Limits.

Also agree with the point about being up front on your budget and experience. I was in No Limits a few weeks ago having some adjustments made to my wife's bow and watched a gentleman come in and state his budget, that he wanted to get back into hunting after a long break, and he asked for the teams help. They spent a long time asking questions and letting him try out a bunch of bows.

No Limits Archery is hands down one of the best shops I've dealt with in 10 states. Phil and the team are professional, knowledgeable and friendly. When I lived in Colorado I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Have only bought a set of broadheads from Rocky Mountain Specialty but they seemed to know their stuff. Bill Pellegrino in the Springs has a really nice shop, as well. I’ll be buying my next bow from him.

No limits had horrible customer service when I bought my bow. They also told me, when I put a deposit down, that I would receive free range time with a bow purchase. That ended up being untrue.

I've been working with No Limits for lessons and equipment for the last 2 years and they are great. Love the staff and the vibe and the indoor / outdoor ranges are awesome. Seeing the mixed reviews... I will say that could be because they get slammmmmed with service requests. My husband and I go late night to avoid traffic and they are always busy so I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

As far as I know Archery in the Wild closed their Longmont shop.
Little late here, but Archery in the Wild is closed in Longmont and has relocated to Kremmling. Longmont still has High Altitude Archery. They are alright. I preferred AitW though.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back