Bedding my hells canyon long range?

Yes I have, its not the scope. It is the rifle. I wrote Browning before I bought and asked if this rifle would be an MOA gun - told them specifically that was what I was looking for. The answer was yes. I have been reloading for 30+ years and haven't been able to come up with a load that shoots sub MOA. I emailed Browning again a few weeks ago and told them it was not an MOA gun and then they said they guaranteed a 2 MOA gun. I had it narrowed down to 3 different 300 WM's and chose this Browning because of that email. I have seen in a post (somewhere) that shooting without the muzzle brake, his MOA was cut in half - I was hoping I didn't have to go that route because this will kick like a mule. The action screws were not torqued properly from the factory, but I checked that out before I shot and corrected that. This is my first Browning and I am torn whether to throw good money after bad. I have a Savage 300 WSM that shoots .75 MOA all day long. Heck, I think I have about 20 bolts action rifles and I paid more for this one than any of them. Only worse shooting rifle I have bought was a Weatherby Vanguard. I'm just highly disappointed in this Browning.

Good news is I got 3 deer last year, 2 with the 300 WSM and the other with my trusty 6.5x55 (Ruger M77). I was hoping somebody had experience with bedding this Browning.
If you already have a 300wsm why buy a 300 mag? Fwiw I'm very happy with my browning xbolt long range apart from the trigger which is more to do with legislation and your laws

Back