Bears out in Fryberg George

Tobey

I Talked to the precher in Fryberg and there was a bear seen there eating bird seed last weekend. I traveled about 40 miles by 4 weeler today and see no sighn of bears out here yet.We still have lots of snow in the woods some roads are pasable but prity muddy.The ice looks like it mite be out some time the first week in May.Our bears usualy show just after ice out.

they have been out down this way for a week or two.I am going to try rigging this weekend for a while just to see how they do.I dont want to go too much though.If the dogs hit some bears they are going to think I am nuts for not turning them down !!!Thought I would put shock collars on them and maybe introduce them to some of the off game they might not have seen in Idaho.
I am getting that walker dog from Wash week after next.He is reg and is just turning 4.Same guy I got Whiskey and Rock from Tobey.He says it is the best bear and cat dog he has ever owned,by far.Man I can hardly wait for July 15 to start running.I spoke to a biologist that I am friendly with today.He gave me a contact for maybe running nuisance bears.They called me a couple times last year during the training season to run some problem bears and we did pretty good.
Funny how bears around here all weigh 400 lbs when they are in someones back yard but are down to 150 when we tree them.LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back