Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bear Wanders Through Hospital

ELKCHSR

Bear Wanders Through Hospital in Virginia

ROCKY MOUNT, Va. - An adult black bear was shot and killed after it wandered into a hospital, authorities said.

The 300-pound male bear was first spotted walking along a street Tuesday night, authorities said. When the bear wandered in front of the nearby Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital, it activated a sensor that opens the hospital's doors.

The bear walked into a computer room and two police officers shut the door behind the animal, said Lt. Karl Martin of the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.

Officers planned to sedate the bear, but they were worried what might happen if the bear got loose in the hospital. So an officer shot and killed the bear.

No one was injured. The computer room sustained minor damage, Martin said.

Guess that I'll have to be more careful about where I shapeshift from now on. :D

-RW-

hi elkchsr I WAS READING A LOCAL PAPER TODAY AND IT HAD AN ARTICLE ON BLACK BEARS THAT ARE BEING SEEN IN THE SUTHERN PART OF OUR STATE . ONE WAS SEEN JUST WEST FROM WHERE I HAVE SOME LAND.

That is great to see these animals really making a come back. I think this bear is one that was hanging around Moosies bait pile and had to end up in some ones lunch room because it needed the sugar fix from the junk food.... ;) :D

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back