MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bear pics

I've been wondering that also.Those of us who don't have bears to hunt really appreciate the stories and pics.At least the Montana boys are keeping us going.

I feel like a HUGE slacker. We usually have trail cam pics and dead bear now. But I have yet to sit on a bait site or even hang a dang tree stand. I'm blowing this spring off this year. This weekend I go to Seattle, next weekend Pocatello, then I havethe Kids for a week by myself.

No good excus's but excuses non the less, hopefully someone will pick up the slack. Maybe I can do a spot and stalk some evening...... but I'm guessing not.

Not ID, but a few from BC last week.

Attachments

• P1040589 (Medium).JPG
    P1040589 (Medium).JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 365
  • P1040626 (Medium).JPG
    P1040626 (Medium).JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 359
  • P1040755 (Medium).JPG
    P1040755 (Medium).JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 361
  • P1040459 (Medium).JPG
    P1040459 (Medium).JPG
    109 KB · Views: 356
looked..no bait site, but without a basis for where to start, it's been fruitless mostly looking for big game locations this fall....maybe I'll find a bear, too

Seek and yee shall find Choco !! :D

MtMiller..... I didn't know you left, wasn't aware you were back... fill us in Beotch !

It looks like Miller and the BC guide were taking wildlife photos and teabagging each other. That, or he doesn't want to make fun of the small bears the rest of us shoot. Great photos though, all mine are so blurry you can't tell if they are bears or skunks.

Some people stalk bears closer then 2 miles through a spotter though Greeny ;) I agree on the tea baggin'. I'm guessing those pictures don't hit the net unless it's on a pay site ;)

Here's a few trail cam pics. Some from last year, some from this year. It was a pretty odd year this year. My buddy killed the bear in the pics from this year. It was a dry sow in heat weighing around 250 lbs. Exactly two minutes after he shot her a HUGE boar came in looking for her. He got some great video of him but had to let him walk. Anyways, here's the pics:

502829.JPG

502830.JPG

502831.JPG

502826.jpg

502827.jpg

502832.jpg

How do you guys keep the bears from eating your cameras? I set a trail camera up last year for elk and came back the next weekend and my camera was all F#CKED UP! LOL!!! Now before you ask how I know it was a bear, I will tell you that the teeth marks and long black hair gave it away!!! Anyway the rasberry patch right next to the elk trail probably did'nt help either! I know they sell metal boxes to deter them but do you guys use them?

Good luck will anything you try, those bears are so curious, they investigate EVERYTHING abnormal. If you can keep them from getting the cam off the tree, they will scratch em up, maybe break the glass over the lens but they probably won't destroy it.
They have yet to actually ruin one of mine, but this one gave it the old college try.

Attachments

• testing 270 (Small).jpg
    testing 270 (Small).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 209
  • testing 200 (Small).jpg
    testing 200 (Small).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 210
  • testing 202 (Small).jpg
    testing 202 (Small).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 210
I have to pick mine up and reattach it just about everytime we go in to check it. They pull it down and toss it around a little but so far it still works ok.

Yeah this one that ate mine was just playing with it but
he or she really busted my cam up good and the worst part about it was there were no pics taken because it popped the back open so it automatically shut the camera off! Oh well it was funny though.

Bears do numbers on our camera, every year. Next year we're thinking asbout a Metal case for them. Something different then plastic. Dang honey and grub rubbed on them doesn't help either ;)

Hey Jic, I was thinking this Fall I might jsut kill me a bear on my way Elk and Deer hunting up north. I heard of a little place off the road on the way. I know it won't be a Spring bear, but can that count ? :D :D

Why not!!

I've done the fall thing as well both spot and stalk and bait. The pelts are pretty thin, but still lots of fun.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back