Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bear bait barrels

220yotekiller

I can put my bait barrel out in just a couple of weeks and I had a couple of questions about it. How big do you cut your holes so they can get the bait out? I am doing it on a pretty tight budget so I am planning on using a lot of popcorn and dog food, mebbie some sweet feed, that kind of thing. I have several gallons of fryer oil, should I put it into the barrel or on the ground in front of the barrel?

I cut mine about 4" vertically but 6-8" horizontally, i put a big stick dead center of hole. I bend my metal over and grind off any extreme edges

Our barrel has a 4-5 in. hole and we have a pic of a smaller bear that got his head into it, funny pic when he got it out.
We're going to try popcorn this year as well, with some fruity bear bait powder I found left over from a few years ago.

Our barrel has a 4-5 in. hole and we have a pic of a smaller bear that got his head into it, funny pic when he got it out.
We're going to try popcorn this year as well, with some fruity bear bait powder I found left over from a few years ago.
I cut a bigger hole in my barrel, not sure exact size but wish I was closer to this. Small bears love to get inside and they clean you out fast and when they get kinda stuck tend to wreck the lid getting back out

I know a lot of the theory on dumping grease on the ground around the barrel is that bears step in it and track it away from the bait leaving scent trails

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back