Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

bcat keep us posted!!!

The Greek

Doug
Keep us posted on that cat hunt that you are on with Thumper. Some pics would be nice.

Best wishes for the both of you.

------------------

Good Luck
The Greek

Hey GREEK, I talked to Bcat tonigfht and Thumper Too... They are doing OK!!! They are heading out in the Morning. I am Driving over from Idaho Tomorrow and Am meetingthem In Wyoming Somewere on thursday...

I'll let themm know you send your Wishes....
smile.gif
I'm not sure how long they'll be out and about but I'll be back Sun night and Update Ya'll!!!

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

I'm anxious to hear from them, too. I talked to Doug last week and the area near his place had closed due to quotas, so they were gonna have to drive about 80 miles away and motel it.

So: They ain't got a computer, and I'm sure its killing them as much as its killing us! Hopefully we hear from them both soon!

Yooper, Moosie
Just remeber even if you are with out a computer every thing is ok as long as you don't run out of whiskey!!!!

------------------

Good Luck
The Greek

My grandmother, who was Cheyenne married to an Irishman, always told me, "Ricky, don't drink. The Irish in you will make you do things you don't want to do and with the Indian, you won't remember that you did them!" Good advice, but I haven't always followed it!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Many times, I've wished that I had!

Your Grandma spoke the truth: Trust me..... I've been there and done that!

The other 50% of my blood is a German/French mix. What a combo: Half of me loves beer, and the other half can't tolerate it!

This means that I behave 50% of the time.

smile.gif

Ok guys I had a few minutes this morning and so I will update you on the hunting. Thumper made it in Tuesday afternoon and they went out Wednesday morning but the wind was blowing about 100 miles an hour that day. Hard to find anything. Thump said he even had a hard time finding Doug in the blowing snow and he was only about 50 feet in front of him. Moosie came in last night and they are out again this morning. They have an idea of where one big tom went but they are having trouble acessing the area. The wind has blown so much that it has blown the snow in some places to where it is dirt, with huge drifts before it. After you get through the drifts they have to turn around and go a different way because they have hit bare dirt. They are having a great time though and with any luck TOday will be the day.
Debbie

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Well we are back! We fought the wind , snowmobiled in the dirt, found a monster tom track the first day Moosie was here, and then another one, both two or three days old, heading towards totally inaccessable country, let a couple females go free without even chasing them, one had kittens for sure, the other was blowed in , and we were trying to persue the bigger toms anyway. We didnt even run a bobcat, as wew were focused on the two big toms, hoping they would come back to where we could access them with out sticking ourselves in three feet of powder snow, or running 12 miles in the dirt, on the sleds to get there. The horses worked OK till ya hit the big drifts, OH well. Thump has a 2001 tag and we will get to hunt again this fall when some better areas are open near the house. We had a great time, even under the conditions, and it was a good reminder for me that things dont ALWAYS go the way ya want them to when hunting lions!!!!! Never even got to turn the dogs loose, except for on a coon!!!!! THat was fun tho!!! Had a great time with Thump!!!!! AND MOOSIE!!!!! BOth are Men of Men and alot of fun to hunt with. Cant wait till the next time we can get together. Greek, I havent forgot your wifes request for a tanning solution, just havent had time for the last 10 days or so. Will get right on it. Yoop, Jason, Shadowrider and Anaconda, will get with ya soon via email. bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

bcat,
Thanks for the update. Was wondering how it went. If a guy could always get the kind of weather he wanted I guess it would take the fun out of it.
wink.gif
Hey, you guys had a blast chasin after them and that's what matters. At least this way you and Thump can start planning for the "fall" hunt.
biggrin.gif
SR

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back