Basemap vs. OnXMaps

idahofishnhunt

Weird...had this ad come up to me on the internet so I checked it out. I didn't realize there was competition with OnXMaps. All my stuff is with OnXMaps already so I'm sure I won't switch, but this company must have just started or something.

They even have a somewhat similar logo.

Strikingly similar!! Interested to see how it goes over. I have a hard time getting behind a company that tries so hard to imitate their competition. Especially when the competition is already well-established.

Looks like a web based mapping service. If it requires the same tile picking on the mobile device to download maps as all the others it's a non starter.

I think the Xmaps guys is fairly frequent to the forum. Perhaps he'll comment on the differences? But again, that may be in poor taste and I'd understand.

The one i have is koutdoorproducts.com its pretty much the same as onx. The guy will put what ever states i want on one card which is nice and very easy and honest to work with.

For the onxmaps users... is there an option to have a google earth view on the computer version? JW b/c I saw that basemap does that and that looked pretty interesting.

Jeff, so it's kind of like a T.A.G.S, OnXMaps, GPS, and goHunt Insider all in one?

For the onxmaps users... is there an option to have a google earth view on the computer version? JW b/c I saw that basemap does that and that looked pretty interesting.

They used to sell Plat4GoogleEarth but they discontinued it a while back.

Back