Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Baseball

Stocker

Baseball is hands down my favorite sport, I’ve got my kids to love it too. We get to as many MLB and CWS games (in Omaha) as we can. Had a cool trip to KC yesterday. We sat above the Jays bullpen and the kids all got balls. (My 2 and my nephew). I recognize a guy running around all over the park, then it dawns on me who it is. His name is Zack Hample. It’s the guy famous for catching some important milestone baseballs and he travels all over the country to collect baseballs. He caught A-Rod’s 3000th hit. Anyway he came by and sighed my sons ball so that’s pretty cool. CB234657-9FEE-4468-8B6A-DB54CF193D2B.jpeg1B851645-5C68-4CA7-B417-B4349F7889B9.jpeg

Way to get them boys into baseball. Keep going to the park, so much fun.

I always took my boys to Rockies games when big names from the visiting teams were in town. My oldest is in his 30’s and he told me he appreciated that.

Way to get them boys into baseball. Keep going to the park, so much fun.

I always took my boys to Rockies games when big names from the visiting teams were in town. My oldest is in his 30’s and he told me he appreciated that.
I’ve been a diehard Royals fan my whole life. They’ve been absolutely awful for most of it. It was fun going to playoff games and the World Series. But the tickets were crazy high over those years. Now that they’re back to garbage I got 4 tickets for $14 a piece and there’s nobody there. As much fun as a packed stadium is I think it’s much more enjoyable with kids when it’s empty and you can talk to the players.

I’ve been a diehard Royals fan my whole life. They’ve been absolutely awful for most of it. It was fun going to playoff games and the World Series. But the tickets were crazy high over those years. Now that they’re back to garbage I got 4 tickets for $14 a piece and there’s nobody there. As much fun as a packed stadium is I think it’s much more enjoyable with kids when it’s empty and you can talk to the players.
I knew there was something wrong with you now I know damn royals fan. Rockies for life!😂😂

When I retire in four years, I am planning to make the trip to the CWS in Omaha with my son. For Father's day my son bought us tickets for the Mariners/ Angels game in Seattle. Keep adding to those memories with your young crew. Before you know it they will be all grown up and bringing you along.

I’m weird, I enjoy listening to baseball on the radio. The brewers are the only team we get on the radio but a few miles to the north the twins start coming in and a few miles to the south and the cubs can be picked up. Bob Uecker is usually on the call for brewers radio.

Baseball is hands down my favorite sport, I’ve got my kids to love it too. We get to as many MLB and CWS games (in Omaha) as we can. Had a cool trip to KC yesterday. We sat above the Jays bullpen and the kids all got balls. (My 2 and my nephew). I recognize a guy running around all over the park, then it dawns on me who it is. His name is Zack Hample. It’s the guy famous for catching some important milestone baseballs and he travels all over the country to collect baseballs. He caught A-Rod’s 3000th hit. Anyway he came by and sighed my sons ball so that’s pretty cool. View attachment 225294View attachment 225295
Awesome stuff. Agree with you about cheap tickets and empty parks, usually more fun for the kids that way.

Took me a minute to realize that young feller was you and not Zach Hampel.. :ROFLMAO:

Grew up going to candlestick park before the they moved in SF.. saw many giants and A’s games growing up. Got to watch Barry bonds’ splash hits tally go up firsthand. Got many free Sodas when the ball landed in the giant glove. Lol I absolutely loved going when I was a kid. Now we get to take our kids to their first baseball game in September to see the Rockies! I’m jacked. Thanks for posting, keep up the good work, @Stocker !

When I retire in four years, I am planning to make the trip to the CWS in Omaha with my son. For Father's day my son bought us tickets for the Mariners/ Angels game in Seattle. Keep adding to those memories with your young crew. Before you know it they will be all grown up and bringing you along.

When you go to Omaha hit me up, I can give you plenty of tips and maybe we can meet up.

I like the CWS because they play so hard. I feel like the grind of the MLB season leads to the players not always giving 100%. The teams in the CWS play their tails off. It’s gotten a little more pricey and commercialized like everything else. My dad used to buy a book or 2 of 10 general admission tickets for $100 when I was a kid. He’d drop me and my friends off, we’d go in and always sneak up close to better seats. Nobody hassles kids. Lol

We saw a lot of future MLB players over those years. I didn’t like when they moved it from Rosenblatt. I loved that ballpark. The new one is nice though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back